• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 creed ??

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
My order is in for an AI-AT rifle. I presently shoot .243, but will get a barrel to shoot the 6.5 creed. Any recs on brass, powder and bullets? Initially plan on shooting 500-800 yards, then work out - steel targets at present.

H4350 is probably the most widely used powder for the 6.5 CM. I have been shooting Hornady brass with no issues and is readily available. Nosler is starting to make brass but is expensive and Norma is reported to release brass soon. I was shooting the Berger 140 VLD's but switched to 139 gr. Scenars when the Berger's were hard to find.

I'm using H4350, Berger 140 hybrids, Fed 210M primers in Hornady brass.

42.8g of H4350 is getting me 2860 fps out of my 26" surgeon and is a hammer!

I'm using H4350, Berger 140 hybrids, Fed 210M primers in Hornady brass.

Those are the exact same components I'm about to start developing my first loads with. OP, I don't think you can go wrong with a similar component list. I've had luck too with the 140 Amax, and I hear the 130 VLD's are great too. I don't have any experience with the Scenar pills.