• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor @ 1 Mile (DOPE Session)

GUNZ n AMMO

Shall not be infringed!!!
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
Henderson, NV
It took me plenty of rounds to work my way up all the way to one mile. We started out our dope at 1100yds and working it out to 1 mile. Unfortunately my AICS 6.5 Creedmoor and my buddy's custom Rem700 .308 on a AICS stock didn't make the cut. The Nightforce 8-32x56mm scope that I installed on the rifle doesn't have enough elevation to adjust out that far. My custom savage with a Falcon Menace 4-14x44mm FFP with ML16 reticle made it just fine. Although the reticle lines was a little course, it does the job if I stick with my fundamentals. Anyway, now I know it doesn't take a bigger caliber to hit a 1 mile target...
[url="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/koolmike79/2011-10-"]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/koolmike79/2011-10-[/url]
Look at the grin on my face!!! haha[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/koolmike79/2011-10-09_231059-1.jpg

http://youtu.be/o8PaJgO2eMA

Re: Calling out the 6.5 Creedmoor folks!!!

Nice shooting. What was your load or were you shooting factory ammo?

Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting Mike!

We were shooting at 1 mile and 2200 yesterday. Not easy. </div></div>

Oh wow! I reserved 25 rounds for the 1 mile dope and I almost gave up, but 2200 yards? that is crazy!!! you gotta be shooting something like a 300 WSM or RUM or a .338 LM???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting. What was your load or were you shooting factory ammo?

Ed </div></div>

I've been reloading my own ammo with very good results. I've been cloning this round for a year now and really taking my time. I didn't chronographed the 140 AMAX on this day but 14 rounds of the 123 AMAX's are:

Hi - 3065
Lo - 3023
Av - 3041
ES - 42
ED - 11

Nice! I hit the new mile target at the AZPRC match yesterday with my AICS r700 in 6.5 creed shooting 140amax. Its alot easier than when I tried with my .308 a while back
laugh.gif

congrats man. Anyone plinking a mile with the creedmoor is doing great. Thats a tiny bullet that doesn't like the wind past a thousand. I like to see the guys who post on here with accomplished shooting and not the "i can do that" professional forum readers..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1957pistol</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats man. Anyone plinking a mile with the creedmoor is doing great. Thats a tiny bullet that doesn't like the wind past a thousand. I like to see the guys who post on here with accomplished shooting and not the "i can do that" professional forum readers.. </div></div>

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. I am not ashamed to say that I'm fairly new to the whole bolt action rifle shooting. I've been in the Military for 15 years now (MP/Master Gunner) but we really don't get to shoot that often, once every 6 months doesn't help a lot, specially to the newer enlisted.

Anyway, I'm surprised myself that this ammo was stable at this distance. There's another long distance shooter here in Nevada and he is also a SH member, and I saw a video of him and his buddy compared a .308 and 6.5CM at 1 mile. So my buddy and I thought we would give it a shot since he didn't have any dope past 1100 yards yet and I only got my dope out to 1460 yards. But I still believe that my 1 mile hit was 99% luck. If I could repeat this shot by next week and with a lot less rounds fired then I would say it's 98% luck
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1957pistol</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ps. did you run out of moa with the nxs NF or the BR? </div></div>

I'm using the Falcon Menace 4-14x44mm FFP ML16 that I purchased here a couple of weeks ago...
20 MOA base
+Low Rings
+95 MOA scope
+14 MILS holdover... I got 2 MILS left, hmmmm maybe I can get 50 more yards out of this! hahaha

I just got car sick watching your video. Great shooting. I wish there was a place to shoot like that around my area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gau17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got car sick watching your video. Great shooting. I wish there was a place to shoot like that around my area. </div></div>

Sorry about that LoL bring your rig when you pass by vegas, you guys are always welcome to shoot my steel...

Ooorah!!!

i was shooting a mile "TVP" with 123amax in a 260 @ 3100fps, problem was thje plate is in grass, so couldnt see any misses, so after 30 down with 3 guys spotting, we only saw 1 impact
frown.gif

after that i want back to 1k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting Mike!

We were shooting at 1 mile and 2200 yesterday. Not easy.</div></div>

Dane and I have taken the 7mm SAUM to 1,800 yards. We are going to try 2,000 yards + once we get a magazine for it and reload a bunch of rounds! I love shooting practical rifle matches but sometimes its nice to chill out and enjoy some ELR shooting.

Good shooting. 65 Creed is an awesome caliber.