• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5 Creedmoor 123 gr Lapua Scenar & Varget

I have had good success with 38gr Varget and 123 scenars in my 22'' JP barrel AR10. Velocity is right at 2750 and consistently 0.5-0.75 moa.

Anyone have any accurate loads using these components?

Haven’t tried the 123gr Scenar yet but am currently using Varget behind the Berger 130gr Hybrid and am getting good accuracy and velocity. Worked up to stupid high velocity with no pressure signs but best accuracy seems to be at about 2900fps, 40.1gr.

John

My 20" CTR is new. I started at 39 gr Varget with the 123 scenar and stopped at 42. I shot it out to 500 m today and the accuracy was ridiculous. I think I found my new all-round setup. This load is above hogdon book max but no pressure signs and the velocity is 2923 +/- 5 fps. Lapua brass.

39.5 Varget W/123 2920fps w/24" AI barrels, has been a solid load in multiple barrels. Great for practice or local type comps. inside 800 + - yards.
The wind & low BC isn't a good combo for the 1000+ targets. But a really consistent bullet for around .30 each if bought in bulk.

Reactions: gnatmm