• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5 Creedmoor AR for 1000yrds

Theedge_45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2010
Is it buildable? Any manufacturers that build such a gun? If you were gonna build one how would you do it (Parts etc)?

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor AR for 1000yrds

a good buddy of mine has Armalite 6.5 creedmoor build by GAP with a krieger barrel, 4-16 hendsoldt and he can reach 1,120 yds with hornady 140gr box ammo.
I have a 260 bolt gun but working on a 6.5 creed in an AR10.

I built mine with a mega maten receiver set and a Kreiger barrel. I made it just for shooting 1k yds(give or take) because that's the longest range I have have access to. My first time at shooting it at 1k I hit an 8" plate 4 out of 5 times. The last miss I think was because the bolt held open on that shot. The only group I shot at 1k was about 8" 5 shot. With 3 of them going into 2.75". I blame me for the group not being better.

IMG016_zpsf7a199a1.jpg

Very impressed guys. haha you've made this money wanna burn a hole in my pocket even more.

Do you think if i followed your design with a Mega MATEN monolithic upper it would be more accurate due to the fact the rail doesnt attach to the barrel nut?

I don't think it would make a difference. The monolithic are really nice but good luck getting one. They stopped selling them. As long as you're using a free float hand guard it shouldn't make a difference in accuracy.

I have a matched # set of GAP armalite ar-10s one is a 308 the other is a 6.5 creedmore awesome guns, very accurate.

I am planning on building a 6.5 Creedmor in an AR10.

Probably going to go with this barrel. Unless I can find a drop in ready one.

I am going to use all high grade parts for the remainder of the build. Should be fun.

In 2013 Seekins is planning on introducing AR10 style receivers suitable for such builds.

Doing all the investigation required to either put together yourself, or have someone build a rifle is much of the fun. I get alot of enjoyment of figuring out exactly what I want, then after I finally get it, realizing that it is precisely what I wanted, and that it is unique:

"This is my rifle, ther are many like it, but this one is mine..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 2013 Seekins is planning on introducing AR10 style receivers suitable for such builds. </div></div>

Interesting...

I bought a DPMS LR65 in 2010. I had it equipped with a JP trigger. Bought it to start doing long range competitions...never did it before, but it caught my interest.

Very happy with it. But, it's a Barbie, um, I mean, an AR... So, PRS stock, JP adjustable gas block, Krieger barrel on order.

I have a dpms lr 6.5 creed and 1000yds is no prob. Its fun shooting steel i can have 3 in the air before the first ring ever gets to you. Lol and ive taken 3rd place and 5th place in comps. Buy one and itll become your favorite 1/2moa gasgun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 2013 Seekins is planning on introducing AR10 style receivers suitable for such builds. </div></div>

Interesting...

</div></div>

This brings me great joy. Any views on what they look like or details?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am planning on building a 6.5 Creedmor in an AR10.

Probably going to go with this barrel. Unless I can find a drop in ready one.

I am going to use all high grade parts for the remainder of the build. Should be fun. </div></div>

how do you think that barrel competes with krieger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Csal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 2013 Seekins is planning on introducing AR10 style receivers suitable for such builds. </div></div>

Interesting...

</div></div>

This brings me great joy. Any views on what they look like or details? </div></div>

Not so far as I know... yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Csal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 2013 Seekins is planning on introducing AR10 style receivers suitable for such builds. </div></div>

Interesting...

</div></div>

This brings me great joy. Any views on what they look like or details? </div></div>

Not so far as I know... yet.

if you google image "seekins 308 receiver" some stuff comes up, but I don't know if those are just prototypes or if thats the actual design.
</div></div>