• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor Barrels

TheBoyScout53

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Looking at ordering my 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel. I am looking at 22" but what kind? Do I spend the money for a Proof Research Barrel or a barrel from Bartlein Barrels? I have Aero Precision Upper and Lower.
I have been looking at the different barrel and wondering what others are shooting and how the your barrels are performing.

Craddock Precision will spin you up a Criterion barrel. Its a little less expensive than the Bartleins, but I have heard good things about their accuracy. I am about to order one from them in 308 soon and see how well it shoots. In the end, you cannot go wrong with Proof Research or Bartlein barrels.

can’t go wrong with
Craddock Precision or
Compass Lake Engineering
As stated above a criterion is less money however you only live once.
Go with the Bartlein
You know it will shoot

Reactions: LeadZeke
I have to admit that I am a JP fanboy. Hard to go wrong with their stuff. It’s a little pricey, but it’s going to shoot.

I can't stomach the price of a button pulled JP barrel. I've have really good luck with Proof barrels, SS and the carbon. I've had one Craddock Bartlein 6.5cm barrel and it shot slightly more consistent than my Proof barrels. For 400 some odd dollars that a proof SS barrel cost, it's hard to go wrong.

For what it's worth I've decide on putting a 22in Proof SS in my 6.5 build as well. I have a Fulton Armory Criterion in my 308 and have been very pleased with it so far; but I was really wanting to try the +2 rifle length gas system. Based on the barrels I've looked at, it's really only available on Proof barrels via their CamGas system and those custom spun up by either Craddock or Compass Lake or one of the others.

I just priced out building an upper (Primary arms) using a Craddock Precision Bartlein barrel. If I were to go this route, I would buy one of Craddock's complete uppers. I'd be money ahead letting them do the work...

I just built a upper using a Craddock precision spun 20” Bartlein 6.5 barrel $650
Aero Precision upper $125
Jp mk3 handguard $230
Slr sentry 8 gas block/gas tube $150
Sharps enhanced bcg $170
JP high pressure bolt $200
Cost around $1500 using exactly what I want. Besides building it is half the fun. Either way you can’t go wrong though.