• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor question

Harvdog

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m new to loading and trying the 130g gamechanger, Hornady brass. The recipe calls for a different primer. I have 210match. So I’m thinking of loading 130g gamechanger-Hornady brass-41.5g H4350 and 210match primers. What are your thoughts. 22” barrel 1-8twist

Have you done any dimensional analysis of your chamber?
I’m not sure I understand what that is, I have taken a fired piece of brass with a projectile Loosely seated and closed it in the chamber to get a rough idea on length to the lands. Is that what your referring to?

Hi everyone, I’m new to loading and trying the 130g gamechanger, Hornady brass. The recipe calls for a different primer. I have 210match. So I’m thinking of loading 130g gamechanger-Hornady brass-41.5g H4350 and 210match primers. What are your thoughts. 22” barrel 1-8twist

Standard advice, which I always follow pretty closely, is to work up from a minimum charge until max/pressure signs/what you're comfortable with in your gun/barrel, etc. Different lots of primers, different lots of powders, atmospheric conditions and other variables can all affect a load. If you're working with multiple sources of load data I might suggest averaging out minimum charges for your starting point.

41.5gr of H4350 doesn't sound too extreme to me and will likely shoot fine...but I'd still say work up to it.

I’m not sure I understand what that is, I have taken a fired piece of brass with a projectile Loosely seated and closed it in the chamber to get a rough idea on length to the lands. Is that what your referring to?

Yeah. That’s more important than which primer you go with.

Reactions: mercervillerental