• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor RL 26 Bullets

Vect0rstar

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
I have a couple of pounds of RL 26 that I want to use in a load for 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a little over 100 147 gr Eldm and 100, 140 gr Eldm that I've read have good results with RL 26. What benefit if any is there to loading a lighter bullet such as a 130 or 120 gr with RL 26? Is RL too slow-burning to be a good powder choice for lighter bullets?

For reference, my barrel is 24"

IMO 26 is too slow for lighter bullets. It will go bang but the performance gain won’t be there. Use H4350 or Rl16 or Varget for the lighter bullets

IMO 26 is too slow for lighter bullets. It will go bang but the performance gain won’t be there. Use H4350 or Rl16 or Varget for the lighter bullets

Thanks, I was kind of assuming that was the case. Now... time to try and find more bullets

Varget can get you speeds with the lighter bullets, id be using R26 with your 147’s.