• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor Shorty!

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

I just finished up another build today and thought I would share some details on it. This rifle was extremely handy and felt good in the hands. The IOR 2.5x10x40 scope we placed on this rifle was a perfect match of size and performance. I'm still blown away by the glass in the IOR optics. Securing the optics to the rifle are American Rifle Company's latest generation M3 scope rings. These rings are pretty tough!!! I really like the way they hold the scope, and I have never had a problem with anything shifting or leaving any kind of ring marks.

Customer supplied the AICS with the skins dipped.

Here are the details.

Remington 700, Short Action, right hand.
Action/bolt fully trued with our Enhanced Action Truing package
Side bolt release, Generation 3
Rem 700 tactical bolt knob conversion
APA recoil lug
Seekings 20 MOA alloy scope base
Jewell Trigger, no bolt stop, safety

Bartlein M40 6.5 cal barrel, 1-8"
Finished at 18.5"
Threading for Surefire's MB762SSAL/RE

All metal Cerakoted FDE with Black Accents.
Atlas V8 with BT-19 Spigot mount installed.

Thanks for looking.
Mark

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Shorty!

Damn Mark, that looks so good! Can't wait to see how it shoots, is the owner a member here?

Also I'm jealous, how come you didn't show my rifle off when you were done with it
smile.gif
...... Aww who am I kidding I whored her out like I was a PIMP

Congrats on another awesome build.

Guys,

I just finished the rifle today and shipped it out. I will have to have the customer report that info back to us. KYS338 had a 18.5" 6.5 CM that we did for him a while back. He would probably have some good data on it until I get some info for you.

Mark

Shorties are so awesome. I'm eager to see ballistics.

Very nice indeed! Very interested in the velocity as well.

I have a few pieces at SAC for a 6.5 build also, dang, dang, now I can't wait.

How many inches did the silencer add to the overall barrel length?

That is one nice rifle. I am intrigued by the short barreled 6.5 Creedmore. I also would be interested in its performance.

IMAG0164.jpg

I'm getting 2640fps out of mine with Hornady factory 140 loadings. Still right around 2 mils in a 10mph wind.

IMAG0170.jpg

I Should be able to get above 2700 easily.

cjjemm, is that 20"

Well, I'm ready for mine!, just came in today.

Mark

001-7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cjjemm, is that 20"

Mark

001-7.jpg
</div></div>
18.5"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cjjemm, is that 20"

Mark

001-7.jpg
</div></div>

mark5pt56, where are you getting your ammo from? Did you get deal buying in bulk? I have a Gap10 being built in 6.5cm and need to stock up.

Thanks, Jarrod

Jarrod, I picked it up from Creedmoor Sports. It was the only place that had that much and I was trying to keep the same lot number, they had two lots though, 600 each. Unless they got mor ein, they may have 2-300 rounds left. I called around to a few places and people only had a few boxes here and there. It was a little more, but wanted the lot numbers the same to make it easier on me.
Plenty of brass now!--at least when SAC finishes up my build.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the info. I just found some on targetsportsusa and ordered 2 cases. Came out to $500 with free shipping.

Thanks, Jarrod

Mark

001-7.jpg
</div></div>

No wonder I can't get any 140 Amax !!!!!!!! You hoarder !!!!!!!

I was not aware 18.5 was considered a shorty. Given the caliber I can see that but those velocities are in grendel territory. Only difference being 10 grains heavier bullet and more powder. Why not build a grendel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Stream</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not aware 18.5 was considered a shorty. </div></div>

...where would you draw the threshold line for "shorty" then?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Stream</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not aware 18.5 was considered a shorty. Given the caliber I can see that but those velocities are in grendel territory. Only difference being 10 grains heavier bullet and more powder. Why not build a grendel? </div></div>

2640 fps with 140 gr bullet via 6.5 Grendel from an 18" barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Stream</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not aware 18.5 was considered a shorty. Given the caliber I can see that but those velocities are in grendel territory. Only difference being 10 grains heavier bullet and more powder. Why not build a grendel? </div></div>

I think to get 2600 with a 20" grendel barrel with a 123 Scenar is pretty ambitious. I have been able to get in the 2500's with a 22" barrel, but it was extremely hot.

Others may have different experiences, but I just dont think I can push the 6.5 Grendel any faster than that. I bet you would be in the 2300-2400's with a 140 gr bullet.

Mark

Good luck with a Grendel in a bolt gun.... they dont throw brass at all. just leaves it in the chamber.

I haven't had that problem with my 6.5 G bolt gun, runs pretty darn well actually.

130 JLKs @ 2625 via a 24" barrel is where it shoots best. I can push velocity to 2700ish but doesn't shoot well, hard on brass. No way I can get 2640 fps with a 140gr bullet from an 18" barrel.