• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 6.5 Creedmoor - single bolt action. Need a scope (Beginner scope)

Scarlett1013

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2020
I'm a sucker for Trijicon. I have one for my ACR. I'm looking at another Trijicon TR22 Accupoint 2.5-10x56. Whats your guys thoughts?

More details, otherwise you will just get. Go for it if that is what you want. Things like...
Budget.
Intended Use.
How far you shoot.
Types of reticles you prefer.
Etc.

There is a sticky at the top.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
More details, otherwise you will just get. Go for it if that is what you want. Things like...
Budget.
Intended Use.
How far you shoot.
Types of reticles you prefer.
Etc.

There is a sticky at the top.

Budget - $750
Intended use - potentially Elk & mostly target practice.
distance - 200 - 500 yards - (I'll upgrade for 1,000 yard distance once I get used to the gun)

Beginner to long distance shooting. I bought my gun two years ago and haven't put one round through it yet. Just need to get acclimated first and then upgrade. Type of lens I'm used to is tijicon for my ACR. Its just red lens. Sweet scope, but not like the long range scopes.

Attachments

• IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 44
Scopelist.com had some Vortex Viper PST G2 3-18x44s for sale for like $550. Thats a great price and you wouldn't need to upgrade for 1k yds

Reactions: b2lee
Scopelist.com had some Vortex Viper PST G2 3-18x44s for sale for like $550. Thats a great price and you wouldn't need to upgrade for 1k yds

Do you use this scope personally? What are your thoughts on the performance?

I just bought one to put on a 22-250 varmint rifle. I shoot a Razor HD 5-25x50 on my comp rifle wit the same EBR-2c reticle. The glass is great on both. The edge goes to the Razor, but not enough to matter. For a hunting rifle, you will appreciate the 3x because of the FOV. Likely none of your shots will be more than 3-400 yds MAX, probably closer. You don't need anything more than 4-6x for that. When I'm shooting at 1k, I rarely go over 15x. Most of my shooting is in the 300-700 range and I stay around 10-12x.

To me, the Viper would be a badass 1st scope for your needs at that price.

Reactions: Scarlett1013
I run a Gen 1 Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 mil/mil on my 6.5 creed. I can shoot out to 1200 on the range I go to.

The 3-18 would be great also. I would want more than 10x on a rifle capable of 1000+ without batting an eye.

I just moved this scope off my 300PRC where it was a temporary scope while I awaited my ZCO 5-27. The 3-18 Viper PST GenII did NOT hold me back at 1 mile on 18" and 12" plates.....I even went 2 out of 5 at 2500yds late last year on a much bigger target. For the price...it is one hell of a scope.

The Viper is now on my 308 bolt....and it has recently hit 1,000yds with no problems...well...when I miss...it is due to me...not that scope.

Thanks guys, I just purchased it for $650. The review on YouTube was stellar. Any recommendations on that bean bag? Mounts? I'm in Illinois so unfortunately I can't get a suppressor.

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 EBR-2C MRAD Scope PST-3158

What gun is all this going on? You plan to install a bipod and run a rear bag? You taking the bag hunting? Loooots of choices here. Really depends on how you want to set up, especially if it needs to be light enough to carry.

Mine is going in Seekings Precision 30mm Low rings on a Seekins 20MOA base. All in prob 200.

What gun is all this going on? You plan to install a bipod and run a rear bag? You taking the bag hunting? Loooots of choices here. Really depends on how you want to set up, especially if it needs to be light enough to carry.

Mine is going in Seekings Precision 30mm Low rings on a Seekins 20MOA base. All in prob 200.

6.5 creedmoor by savage - single bolt action. I have an adjustable bipod. The stock is adjustable so I am content with that until I start getting some rounds in my preference will most likely change.

Rear bag?
Scope Level bubble?
Rail mounts?
Additional attachments? ...

There are some good threads here about rear bags. Check out Precision Underground bags...good people...good bags.
Friends don't let friends depend on scope levels.
Don't Gucci it up with accessories.
And rattle can that rifle and scope to give it some unique personality.

6.5 creedmoor by savage - single bolt action. I have an adjustable bipod. The stock is adjustable so I am content with that until I start getting some rounds in my preference will most likely change.

Rear bag?
Scope Level bubble?
Rail mounts?
Additional attachments? ...

A Wiebad mini fortune cookie would be very versatile. On the cheaper side a Tab Gear rear bag is simple and pretty effective.

I run a Vortex level.

Seekins makes a Savage rail.

Only other attachment might be a throw lever.

I just bought one to put on a 22-250 varmint rifle. I shoot a Razor HD 5-25x50 on my comp rifle wit the same EBR-2c reticle. The glass is great on both. The edge goes to the Razor, but not enough to matter. For a hunting rifle, you will appreciate the 3x because of the FOV. Likely none of your shots will be more than 3-400 yds MAX, probably closer. You don't need anything more than 4-6x for that. When I'm shooting at 1k, I rarely go over 15x. Most of my shooting is in the 300-700 range and I stay around 10-12x.

To me, the Viper would be a badass 1st scope for your needs at that price.

I am not aware of a 5-25x50 Razor.

This is just my personal preference but don’t cheap out on scope base/rings. My first bolt action was a Savage 12 in 308, can’t remember the brand but the $40 scope base and cheapish rings I bought for it gave me fits, nothing like putting ring marks in your new scope even after the rings were torqued down correctly. After a few hundred rounds the gun wouldn’t hold zero, found 2 of the scope base screws sheered off. Learned my lesson, Nightforce base and rings fixed the problem. ARC also makes awesome rings .

If you have the money, please buy something made anywhere but China.

Budget - $750
Intended use - potentially Elk & mostly target practice.
distance - 200 - 500 yards - (I'll upgrade for 1,000 yard distance once I get used to the gun)

Beginner to long distance shooting. I bought my gun two years ago and haven't put one round through it yet. Just need to get acclimated first and then upgrade. Type of lens I'm used to is tijicon for my ACR. Its just red lens. Sweet scope, but not like the long range scopes.

I just bought a Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 2.5-15x50mm from Doug @ CameralandNY for more or less what you want. I don't have qualms about the country of origin (China), but that might be a concern for you.

I'm realistic enough to know there are no circumstances I currently foresee that have me chasing elk, but there's other stuff to hunt...

I had it out to the range for the first time on Father's Day after waiting 3 weeks for my Seekins rings and my initial impression is favorable. I don't find the reticle distracting when zoomed in, which is good. Running it on 2.5x, the reticle makes a nice chevron when the illumination is on, which is also good.

I haven't done any extensive testing as folks are wont to do on The Hide (no tall target, etc.) That being said, I bore sighted my rifle, measured my shots with the very handy for the purpose reticle, spun the turrets as indicated and was rewarded with bullets going right where I expected them to go.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I just bought a Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 2.5-15x50mm from Doug @ CameralandNY for more or less what you want. I don't have qualms about the country of origin (China), but that might be a concern for you.

I'm realistic enough to know there are no circumstances I currently foresee that have me chasing elk, but there's other stuff to hunt...

I had it out to the range for the first time on Father's Day after waiting 3 weeks for my Seekins rings and my initial impression is favorable. I don't find the reticle distracting when zoomed in, which is good. Running it on 2.5x, the reticle makes a nice chevron when the illumination is on, which is also good.

I haven't done any extensive testing as folks are wont to do on The Hide (no tall target, etc.) That being said, I bore sighted my rifle, measured my shots with the very handy for the purpose reticle, spun the turrets as indicated and was rewarded with bullets going right where I expected them to go.

I just shot my creedmoor today first time. Love of God I need a muzzle break on that gun. Kick on it was unreal. It hurt every time. I have a double barrel 12 gauge that doesn't have near the kick on that 6.5.

Do you have muzzle break recommendations?

I just shot my creedmoor today first time. Love of God I need a muzzle break on that gun. Kick on it was unreal. It hurt every time. I have a double barrel 12 gauge that doesn't have near the kick on that 6.5.

Area 419 hellfire break is very effective. I didn't think there was much recoil before I put it on my 6.5creedmoor and after I put it on it felt like less than my adjustable gas block AR

Area 419 hellfire break is very effective. I didn't think there was much recoil before I put it on my 6.5creedmoor and after I put it on it felt like less than my adjustable gas block AR

What he said. Shot my Tikka in the factory plastic stock a few times while I was waiting on the chassis to come in and w/o the brake it jumped around too much and wasn't fun, after the hellfire, much better.

If the diameter works for your barrel I highly suggest the Ultradyne Apollo S brake. My 6 mm feels like a soft AR. And the noise level is not much higher than running without