• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmore Brass

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
Is Hornady the only supplier of this? I think the 6.5 Creed case is a better design but what if they suspend making brass like they did some of their bullets. Besides the case design, the OAL is a little shorter making it easier to put VLD bullets into DBM mags.

I have a 6.5 barrel coming and thinking that component availability may influence the final decision more than I like as there are several options to make 260 brass if I cannot buy any.

Nosler has an offering waiting to hit shelves, so they are about the only 2 suppliers. And theirs nothing wrong with the Hornady offering It's good brass, and for what Nosler is wanting for theirs I'll stick with Hornady.

I can't see a reason hornady would stop producing it IMO any time soon. The caliber is growing in popularity as every week goes by.

Considering that Nosler also inside/outside chamfers and deburrs the flash hole, I will be willing to pay the extra $6 to not handle every piece of brass 3 more times.

Last edited:
Hornady mainly discontinued bullets that they dont load for the time being to keep up with high demand items. The creed is high demand and will stick around. The brass quality is top notch. I like the hornady brass better than any of the nosler brass ive used in other calibers. This is hornadys caliber they've been pushing hard and its getting really popular. I can't see them deciding not to make it. The brass is really easy to find right now and very affordable

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nosler can keep their $1.36ea brass, Hornady makes great brass, I dont mind chamfering my creed brass, doesn't take long, never really checked to see if the flashhole needs to be deburred, rifle shoots fine either way.

While having options is always better I have absolutely no issue with Hornady 6.5CM brass. I have found it to be of high quality and would probably not switch to even Lapua should they ever produce 6.5CM brass.
And I have the highest praise for 6.5CM of any of the 6.5 offerings.

I have not had any issues with the Hornady 6.5 CM brass and would anticipate more manufacturers will enter the fray since the caliber is becoming so popular. I have tried Nosler brass and was not impressed especially given the cost. Hornady 6.5 CM brass is readily available and have not had any problems finding it. I am bit OCD with my case prep and debur the flash hole, uniform the primer pocket and turn all my necks to .013. PIA initially but well worth the effort to have uniform brass. Anneal after two firings as well.

You have to also consider factory Match grade ammo for 6.5 Creedmoor is only $21.00-$24.00.

Hornady will not suspend Creedmoor brass.

Thanks for the feedback...maybe more suppliers will enter the market at some point.

I've had no issues with the Hornady 6.5 brass. I still uniform the pockets and debur the flash hole...but, I would do that with any brass to ensure consistency.

Either would be great. Lapua would be my first choice and use Norma for the calibers Lapua doesn't make brass for.

Which supplier would you like to see enter this fray? Lapua? Norma?

Really doesn't matter to me, WW & Lapua would be fine as I'm not impressed with Nosler prices for the quality. Was just trying to understand the options in case the single source suspended production.

Really doesn't matter to me, WW & Lapua would be fine as I'm not impressed with Nosler prices for the quality. Was just trying to understand the options in case the single source suspended production.

I've got 600pcs of Hornady Creedmoor brass, I consider just as good as Lapua, and I have some Lapua brass as well, you could also talk to George from GAP what he thinks of their brass he gets from Hornady, I think he'll mirror my comments.

Come on you know you can't load accurate ammo unless the brass is Lapua! Everyone who is anyone knows that. <end sarcasm>