• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 EBR

MWDG3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2006
Owasso, OK
Anybody catch the article in the July issue of Precision Shooting about the 6.5 EBR? Engel Ballistic Research seems to have applied Ackley ideas to the WSM case. 142's at 3200fps from a 24" barrel.

PS magazine is the ONLY place I can find any info it's so new.

Re: 6.5 EBR

That would be harder on throats than Ron Jeremy at full mast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be harder on throats than Ron Jeremy at full mast. </div></div>

You sir, just made my day. Thank you.

the 6.5wsm will already push it that fast so why bother. their isn't shit for body taper in the wsm case and the shoulder is already 35degree i think why bother going to 40. lots of people have reported barrel life of under 1000rds with 6.5saum and 6.5wsm so no thanks.

I agree sometimes too much of a good this is counter productive. That is unless you are a barrel maker....

Building myself a 6.5 Remington Magnum as a reasonable alternative on a magnum faced 40X.

Good luck

Jerry

6.5-06 will not work with a magnum bolt face. I shot that caliber 3 years at ASC on a long action 700. I came across the 40X with the magnum boltface and wanted to use it as is.

I was not trying to go faster or I would have gone .264 Win Mag, I was trying to shot 142 SMKs in the 2900 - 3000 fps range. I understand that barrels are consumable, but swapping them at 1000 rounds or less is not for me.

Good luck

Jerry

I built a 6.5 WSM a few years back and it was a great shooter until about 500 rounds and then went south. I like the 6.5's and 142's at 3,00 is not a problem out of a 26" tube, but I like a little better barrel life.

If the QPQ process works out and is able to extend the life out to 1,000 rounds I think the 6.5 WSM would make a great 1,000 F-class gun.

wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be harder on throats than Ron Jeremy at full mast. </div></div>
Well stated , thats spot on , cant stop laughing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody catch the article in the July issue of Precision Shooting about the 6.5 EBR? Engel Ballistic Research seems to have applied Ackley ideas to the WSM case. 142's at 3200fps from a 24" barrel.

PS magazine is the ONLY place I can find any info it's so new. </div></div>

I and my wife, had the opportunity to shoot this new round late last year from the custom bolt gun mentioned in the article in PS. I will share with you what we did, and experienced.

My wife fired the gun at 500 yrds and hit the 16-18 in steel circular plate each time. She, for all intents and purposes has never really shot. She had fired a 308 that day at 100 yrds and commented after the session that the recoil was less with the 6.5 than the 308.

I have not shot for almost 10 years (long story). I took the package out to 1350 yards. The target was a 10x18 Larue flip up, as i recall. Recoil was very light and the round was flat shooting. The rifle/package, with scope, etc, impressed me as being very light.

As far as some of the comments of others regarding barrel life, etc, I cannot comment on. I can say this.....as a result of my handling this package, it has caused me to Want to get back into shooting, especially long range, and I will be getting one of these as soon as my wallet and the commercial conditions for this round are right.