• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Grendel barrels for AR 15

Jzone

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone know a manufacture or dealer that would have in stock an AR15 6.5 Grendel barrel and matching bolt for sale? Looking for a at least 20" bbl. Not a complete upper. Recommend any websites? Looking forward to responses.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Lilja and Precision Firearms.

Lilja won't have a bolt to sell with the barrel, but you can pick up the matching bolt from maxim or precision firearms.

does anyone know what the wait is on a Lilja barrel???

Since iv'e been on the Grendel train, JP is the only company the will send you a high quality barrel in a week. There are some other options on Brownells and Midway, but i would only pick a Saturn barrel out of everything Grendel from Browns.

My Grendel barrel lineup is as follows:

Bartlein
Krieger Order both from PF
Lilja
Saturn..If you can get one
and JP if you need one in a pinch..

Last edited:
I make most of mine from shot out Krieger high power barrels. Cut off 6" on the chamber end, thread, chamber, and contour and you have a 1/2 MOA shooter with a like new bore.

The Lilja's ship right away in my experience. I have at least 4 of them that are all new, haven't been fired yet.

9130 bolts can be had from AA, JP, PF, Maxim, and Underground Tactical.

Brownell's and Midway both have 18" and 24" Grendel barrel/bolt combo's in stock right now. Midway also has 20" heavy Shilen barrel/bolt combos in stock.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part.../ar-15-m16-6-5-grendel-barrels-prod69785.aspx

You searched for: 6.5 grendel barrel - MidwayUSA

JP - Barrels

If you want one now, there are some options. JP offers 2 different 18" barrels, a light and medium contour, as well as 22".

Anyone know the weight of JP's barrel for 18" light contour, 18" medium contour and 22" medium contour? Didn't mention on their website.

I know the 18" light is only .650" under the handguard, so it's very light. I have a Lilja with MLGS that is .650" under the guards, and it's 1lb 13oz, so the RLGS 18" JP will be as light or lighter.

Their medium contour is .650", then .936", then .875", and I have owned a .223 Wylde with that profile. I think it was ~2lbs. That barrel had been used for tons of high volume shooting by its original owner. I built a rifle out of it with a carbon fiber handguard, matched it with an Aero Precision upper, and it shoots .25 MOA at 100yds for 5rds. I bartered it for help from a friend of mine who did my reloading room/workbench, and his daughter is printing those groups with it. He's more than tickled with it.

We often hear that the Cryogenic treatment is snake oil, but I really don't think JP wastes his money and effort in anything snake oil related. The fact that .223 Wylde barrel has kept its accuracy life for so long makes me lean towards something in the sauce with Cryo.

Might check Les Baer. His .264 LBC is the Grendel with a tighter neck. Tighter by .005 if I remember correctly. I know it use to be referred to as a match chamber for the Grendel.

Check out hawk hill custom. We just finished a lot of 6.5 Grendel barrels and some are in stock and ready to ship.