• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel Mag recommendation?

Bangarang

NRA Life Member
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2013
NH
Picked up a 6.5 Grendel barrel for a build.
What 5 & 10 round mags do you guys like best?
Thanks, B

I have an ASC 5 round magazine for mine for big game. It was actually a 7.62x39 mag. I have a few hundred 7.62x39 and a few hundred 6.5 grendel though it with no troubles.

I have heard good things about E-lander mags for the 6.5 Grendel. For the price of $18.95 a pop, I am going to order a couple 10 rounders and give them a try in the 6mm Predator.

Reactions: YotaEer
I run C-Products 10 rounders in my 7.62x39 as well as my Grendel. About 3000 rounds total through both so far and no issues. But like Ol Mad_Charlie said someone, somewhere, have had nothing but problems. Just my .2 cents

May your journey take through warm sands and cool waters.

Larger than you're looking for but I've had good results with elander 17rd loaded to 15.

Picked up a 6.5 Grendel barrel for a build.
What 5 & 10 round mags do you guys like best?
Thanks, B
ASC and Elander work well for me. My Elander mags needed about 2 or 3 load unload cycles to work nice and smoothly but now they are great.

Reactions: YotaEer
ASC Mags but I only use the straight ones. Any of the curved ones don't work well, I am using ammo loaded to max mag length though.

I’ve been using CProducts and later Elanders. CProducts since 2009, which allow more COL than Elanders. Elanders feel like they’re better-made with very smooth flow of the follower inside the body, but they will only allow 2.260” COL.

Another 10rd option is polymer Amend2 magazines.

iu

For a 5 rounder for hunting or bench use 10 round 5.56 P-Mags work fine provided aren't trying to go long. A windowed PRI mag is the choice for that.