• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel Mags

sprad05

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 27, 2020
    I'm in the middle of building my first Grendel, I was just wondering if anyone had particular mags they prefer or would recommend. I will be using it in some gas gun competitions, so I would like higher capacity mags. I believe that I saw C Products made a 29 I believe.

Any and all suggestions or info would be mucho appreciated!

THANKS!

Can't say for any brand other than the ar stoner mags I have.
    They have fed just fine using 123g bullets factory and my loads.

Have ran suppressed and not in a 20 inch upper.

My only issue was a grossly over gassed stoner barrel that I had to agb to run right.

Having good luck w my new E-Landers but ran ASC on my last Grendel

Mine always worked fine with a generic metal at-15 223 mag

Reactions: BCX
    ASC 10 round mags have been flawless. 17 round e-landers (AA branded) have given me some issues.

I'm in the middle of building my first Grendel, I was just wondering if anyone had particular mags they prefer or would recommend. I will be using it in some gas gun competitions, so I would like higher capacity mags. I believe that I saw C Products made a 29 I believe.

Any and all suggestions or info would be mucho appreciated!

THANKS!
    I use E-Landers

ASC but I think C Products were equivalent in quality. I have several of both, when they ran out of one they sold the other. Other than the mark on the floorplate, I think they were identical.

ASC mags are a fairly sturdy and solid SS mfg. with a blue plastic follower, I use their 9mm Colt mags in a Tavor, same thing, solid SS mags w/plastic followers. They work. C Products mags have the same blue follower. If I had a choice I think I'd choose ASC?

Most military mags I have and ones issued were made by these two and a couple other manufacturers. They make mags that works. No complaints. So far not one hiccup with 'em. With either brand.

If Magpul made a Grendel mag I'd use that. Lancer sounds nice with their metal feed lips and hybrid construction, but price? Worth it? Guess it depends on how many mags you keep and consider normal.

My hunting partner is shooting a 12.5” Grendel, lots of night hog hunting in very dusty environments. I have not been impressed with the E-Landers. They sure look nice, but doesn’t take the followers long to start hanging up.

I appreciate it, I will mainly be using this gun for competitions and I wanted a couple of 10ish rounders, but mainly the highest capacity as well. There's quite a few stages where there are at least 15-18 targets to hit, and I don't want to be incorporating mag changes when I only have 2 mins to complete

Reactions: Cajuntransplant
    I appreciate it, I will mainly be using this gun for competitions and I wanted a couple of 10ish rounders, but mainly the highest capacity as well. There's quite a few stages where there are at least 15-18 targets to hit, and I don't want to be incorporating mag changes when I only have 2 mins to complete

I run mine in matches with the 15rd mags. They are about the size of a 20rd AR magazine and that makes going prone or stages with props by the magwell easy to negotiate than if you were running the longer 30rd sized mags.

Using 10 rnd. mags only, ASC and Elander have both been reliable. Elander has a nice finish, but ASC has a tad more inside length, allowing slightly greater OAL.

I have had good luck with the c-products 10 and 26 round mags. No issues at all so far

Reactions: JS8588
    I have multiple brand new Elanders that won’t lock into place in the magwell. Of about half a dozen of them, only one locks into place.
    Bolt open or bolt closed? If closed, try locking them in on an open bolt.

Reactions: T. Bonilla