• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 6.5 Grendel SPR

WusteHase

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2009
Yuma, Az
18" Sabre Defense 6.5G Comp D 1:7.5 barrel
Gemtech QuikLok flash suppressor
Sabre Defense upper and lower
Adams Arms mid-length piston kit
1 piece AA BCG w/ Sabre 6.5G bolt
LMT charging handle
Magpul PRS AR10 stock
Magpul AFG Grip
Magpul rail covers
Timney 3lb Comp trigger
Daniel Defense Lite Rail 12.0 FSPM
GG&G Bipod
Troy BUIS

On the way:
Viper PST 6-24 mil/mil FFP

Credit for the build and paint go out to Mike Skaramagos, of Tactical Coordination from Gilbert, Az.

Re: 6.5 Grendel SPR

Yeah we put about 10 rounds through it just to make sure she was up and running. Not gonna go all data crazy until I can put some glass on her.
She shoots like a dream though, my little brother was watching through the spotting scope and said it was like a laser. No noticeable pause between blast and impact, like with his .308. By far my favorite rifle I've ever shot.

Am liking this build and the paint is done very nicely

Nice, if you can, put up some pictures of your groups once you get glass on her.

I too like the Grendel, and we have many of the same ideals. I'm in the process of building one, and many of the parts you choose are also the ones I choose as well. The big hold up right now is the SS 24" bull barrel, it may be another month out, who knows? I went with, like you, the PRS Magpol stock, and the Adams Arms Piston kit, in fact I bought three kits while they were on sale for the other two guns I'm in the process of building, great looking kit. My rails are YHM, as is the can. I am expecting some close groups, and will be watching for more information on your gun.

Sounds like a pretty slick build yknot. I was torn between a 24" and the 18" as well, but I finally settled on the 18".

As soon as the PST comes in, I'll post groups and performance, as well as my opinion on the scope. Thanks for the encouraging comments guys!

Hey, that DD rail is it one piece? if so as it is pictured on their site you need to put it on before the gas block, is that correct. Must say excellent paint job. Thanks, Charlie

very sexy -sweet nice work!!!

I like a Grendel on principle, but I'm not real keen on getting the chambering for anything I'd be shooting.

I think I might like the .260 Bobcat (a wildcat 6.5-250) somewhat better, because of the .473" diameter bolt face. It's just a simple barrel swap away from my .260 Rem.

Necking up is just a matter of .007" for the 250 Savage basic parent case. Some folks even suggest it's not a big stretch (pardon the pun) to simply seat the 6.5mm bullet into the .257" diameter virgin case neck.

I like the economy of a case this size over expending components in a .260 Rem for distances that can be just as easily won at with a .223.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out freaking rageous. </div></div>

In a good way I hope?
laugh.gif