• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel Thoughts??

wojo14

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
I am new to this site and have always been turned onto long range shooting.
I have been looking to build up a nice AR rifle. I want it for target and hunting from 0-600 yards.
I have been turned on to the Grendel. Excellent ballistics!!
What is all your guys thoughts?
Who has em and can you share your experiance?

Re: 6.5 Grendel Thoughts??

The Grendel / .264 LBC is a great round. Out of an AR platform, you can have a 1000 yard rifle with that caliber.

Its a great round for what it can do! Just google it on here, there are many threads on it. Good reading!

I have one and for what you are stating your application is... I would say it would be an excellent choice. Love mine and its a shooter...

I did a lot of reading on the 223, 308, 6.8, 300aac, and 6.5g.
I like what I have been reading about the grendel!
All around more pros than the rest of the calibers for an AR. My opinion.
Anyone else have one they can compare to the other calibers??

I love my grendel! I went with the grendel vs the 6.8 because im my humble opinion it will do anything a 6.8 will and a bit more. For your stated use you would be hard pressed to find anything "better" in an ar 15. I have a 300 blkout and to compare it to a grendel is appels to oranges.

I love mine ! Great ballistics, low recoil and it's a shooter :) !!

I have a grendel, a 5.56 & a 300 blackout. They all have their nitch, but the grendel will reach out & touch it. Its a great round, you wont be disapointed if you go with the grendel!

I've had a 6.8 and currently shoot .264lbc and by far I'm impressed over my old 6.8.

I just finished building my Grendel. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I did a lot of recent research before going with this round. Like it was mentioned before, you can make 1000yd shots with good wind readings. Being that you like long range shooting like myself, you cannot go wrong. Hornady's Match A-max 123gr. is great and cheap for a match grade round. It is hard to find match grade ammo for less than a dollar a shot like this sells for. Good luck!

Built a 24' grendel last year, it great. Haven't shot over 300yds yet but it runs about .7MOA. About got all the parts for a fluted 18" build this summer.

The Grendel is a great round. My setup is with a 24" barrel as I wasn't worried about weight but as stated already, you can do quite a bit with it. Also to mention, if you reload, there are many different pills on the market for the 6.5 giving you many options to dial in that perfect round. Cheaper than Dirt and Ammunitiontogo.com always have Hornady's in stock but with the SAAMI certification now in place, I am sure that you will see more availability of rounds in the future. I wouldn't think twice about building a Grendel. If you need more info, go check out the Grendel forum.

If 600 is all you are shooting I would think .308 would serve you fine and be quite a bit cheaper to deal with. Unless you reload of course. The rifles are also about $500 less and you won't notice a big difference between the two.

Great round out of an AR platform, if you don't mind me asking what are you gonna be hunting with it

I love my grendel, I built mine with a 20 inch satern barrel Im getting under 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups with it, my best of .290 MOA. the longest I shoot it so far was 390 yards at a ground hog and that hornady 123gr Amax left a big exit wound out the back side of it.
IMG_0924.JPG

grendel290moa.jpg

I am a member on the Grendel website. Lots of good infor there!
I will be mostly just shooting it. I like to shoot!
When I get to Northern Maryland, I will hunt whitetail and varmint.
I live in Western PA, so I can not hunt with a semi here! Sux!!!
I am on the hunt for a nice rifle!
Anyone want to part with one?

lethal, nice stick!
Thats what Im invisioning! Just maybe a dif optc!
Nice stick!!!

I love mine. It smokes the 556. And it let's me have a three in one small frame, 223 3gun, 223 mid range precision set up and the 65G long range.
Low recoil, I mean side by side with a 308 noticeably lower.
Lights out accurate inherently.