• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Grendel wolf 120 grain (Shot Group)

bravojmc

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2011
Colorado, Palisade, USA
Hi guys and girls.

Ok I just built a 6.5 Grendel in an ar 15 chassis over the last couple week. Here is what Ive got.

Alexander Arms 18" 1-8 twist (Button rifled) barrel bolt combo.
Yankee Hill rifle length handguard.
Daniel defence lo pro gas block.
AR Stoner Talon flash hider.
Harris bipod.
JP adjustable 3.5lbs trigger.
A2 stock.
Burris AR-P.E.P.R 1 Piece extended scope mount.
Ergo grip.
Bushnell 3200 elite fixed 10X Mil Dot scope.

I know you guys and girls here on Hide Do FIVE shot groups.. But here is a THREE shot group I shot yesterday with Wolf Gold 120 grain. This barrel loves this ammo... Odd...
Elevation is 4755. Temp 92 degrees. With a small breeze.
112 Yards. Thats a dime next to the group. It's just under 1/3 of an inch. Anyone have any luck with 120 grain wolf ammo?

August232011.jpg

August23201102.jpg

Re: 6.5 Grendel wolf 120 grain (Shot Group)

I'll do 5 for you this week. It clearly says 3 shot group. It's more about the ammo not the group (ONESHOT)86! LOL!
So is anyone getting good groups with this ammo?

Nice!!!

Oh funny thing I was not affended by the 3 shot group...

Thought Snipers only needed one shot anyways....Yes I know rules. Just put two more in the same target, same group and keep everyones panys unbunched. The Wolf is the last resort but hey...

Glad they work well for you. My barrel and bolt are made by Sabre. I was disappointed to find out Wolf wouldn't extract from my gun. Lapua brass works flawlessly. Keep it up, I love my Grendel.

I'm taking my grendel out to OKlahoma for their big match this weekend, we'll shoot out to 1100yds and I'll let you guys know how she performed.

To the original posted, the 3 shot group is a good group, why 112 yards?

Lets see some 500yd groups and show folks the grendel will hold its own!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm taking my grendel out to OKlahoma for their big match this weekend, we'll shoot out to 1100yds and I'll let you guys know how she performed.

To the original posted, the 3 shot group is a good group, why 112 yards?

Lets see some 500yd groups and show folks the grendel will hold its own!! </div></div>

Keep us updated.

I may have to give Wolf a try. Is it in boxer primed brass, or steel?

112 yards is because our range is marked 25.50.75.100 and so on. So I put my target up at the 100yd post and got back to the bench and lasered it, and it was 112yds lol. As for the question if the cases are brass or steel.. They are (Brass).
Yes this weekend I'll head out to the range and do some 5 shot groups and post them up. I'll also pull it out to 300 and 500 yards for you guys to see. I love this rifle, couldnt ask for more! Thanks guys!