• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC in a short action

tilman2141

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2022
Kentucky
Ok, this will be short and sweet. Is the 6.5 PRC with heavy long bullets able to function easily in a short action. I’ve had a couple of guns smith say yes but it’s getting tight in a short magazine. Who could give me hands on experience or do I really need to go to like a defiance XM length action. Thanks

with a 140/147 they fit fine. but if you're gonna get into the 153.5 or 156 you may run into issues

get a zermatt origin medium and some hawkins bottom metal. easy button

Reactions: Ridge_Walker
with a 140/147 they fit fine. but if you're gonna get into the 153.5 or 156 you may run into issues

get a zermatt origin medium and some hawkins bottom metal. easy button
Was looking at Terminus Apollo short action with their mag and bottom metal

When you use the hawkings bottom metal is the BDL style or detachable magainze--and what mags would you use for the longer PRC rounds. (apologize to OP but I'm also interested in this question)>

When you use the hawkings bottom metal is the BDL style or detachable magainze--and what mags would you use for the longer PRC rounds. (apologize to OP but I'm also interested in this question)>
new medium action Hunter mags and dbm (or normal DBM, or m5 oberndorf)

3.210 COAL

with a zermatt/lone peak

Reactions: DocRDS