• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6.5 PRC Wyatt's box & Bottom Metal

prwillard2

Major
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2018
So Cal
Looking to build my manners EH4 with bdl mini chassis, but having a tough time figuring out which wyatt's box and follower to use.

I'm going to be using the Hawkins BDL bottom metal, but don't know which of the wyatt's boxes/followers to use?

I'll be using a Bighorn SR3 cut for the wyatt's, just want to make sure I get the right mag.

From the info on the Wyatt's website, it looks like the CFE-5 or the MBE-5 is the right mag for a bdl system. Can anyone help?

I think if you ask Bighorn for a recommendation, they will tell you not to use a center feed box.

I think if you ask Bighorn for a recommendation, they will tell you not to use a center feed box.

my plan was to give them a call tomorrow to find out, but we'll see. Have seen several PRC's using the wyatt's boxes on other custom builds with SR3 actions.

I wouldn't hesitate to call. The few times I have called he was very polite and helpful.

Reactions: prwillard2