• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 RAP review and upgrade - Rumble Gun Content /review plans

newageroman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2018
www.brassbucket.net
Got some $$$ back so I will be upgrading my old Ruger American Predator 6.5 to shoot 600/100 benchrest matches. I had some 30mm rings but need a scope and a chassis. What do you guys recommend?

I freaking love this rifle. I heard about it as a beginner LR option and traded a guitar and pedalboard combo + cash to a pawn shop to order it (they had no idea what it was at the time). I think it was like 2015 or so anyway... it has had the gamut of Optics with my personal favorite being the IveyTron setup (Ivey 250MOA base and Sightron 10-50 target scope). It was quite a ridiculous sight to behold but the horizontal dispersion on steel at 1250 that day was no laughing matter.

I don't think I have loaded a SINGLE factory round - ALL handloads (about 2500 or 3k). Shooting everything from 123s to 143ELDXs(best plinker), 130Barnes VLDS, and even a few flatlines in Lapua brass.

Basically I'm just trying to get more gun content on Rumble, as opposed to YT. So if you are bored, feel free to tell me how to spend my $$$, roast my crumbly POS beater rifle or whaterver IDC, I'm just bored and scope shopping...
Have a great week, here's the link: