• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 SAUM 4s over 10lb Tactical Rifle Thread

With a little over 1400 rounds through it, the 6.5 saum is still shooting well on paper and using a new Magnetospeed V3 its averaging 3140 fps with a dirty barrel, the group was shot suppressed.

20qcp02.jpg

Damn! Just keeps going and going. Nice shooting.

Regards, Paul

so, a 6.5 SAUM is self explanatory...but what makes it a 6.5 SAUM 4S ???

I didn't find that info when I searched the online in the google machine.

so, a 6.5 SAUM is self explanatory...but what makes it a 6.5 SAUM 4S ???

I didn't find that info when I searched the online in the google machine.

You'll just have to get one to find out, cause it's Super Secret Squirrel Shit....

Damn! Just keeps going and going. Nice shooting.

Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul,

This is a screen shot of the Magnetospeed display of the 5 shot group on 7-6-14, since then I've had to go to a different lot of H1000 and back to using the 140gr Hybrids, and up to 1700 down the barrel
o7rmno.jpg

Here is a screen shot of a 5 shot group with the 140 hybrids, slowed down a bit may be the combination of powder lot, round count through the barrel and bullet, but that still isn't bad, the longer strings had higher ES but only in the teens
2j15tp0.jpg

29vxb0p.jpg

34fe8zm.jpg

Even though the 6.5 4S will push your 140 gr bullets 3100 plus, I would recommend loading to run at 3050 to just under 3100fps. I think it will be easier to maintain a consistent MV longer as well as longer barrel and brass life.

Last edited:
Here's my 6.5 saum

Built by Omar Alonzo
Bat tactical
Surgeon DBM
26" Krieger 1-8.5 5r Heavy Palma
Manners TF4a
Jewel set @ 8oz
Schmidt 5x25 gen2xr with near alpha mount
Atlas bipod
30p-1

jb4mcn.jpg

2dvuzvm.jpg

Last edited:
Would you happen to know the weight of the rifle? From the looks of it, it should shoot lights out!

Here's my 6.5 saum

Built by Omar Alonzo
Bat tactical
Surgeon DBM
26" Krieger 1-8.5 5r Heavy Palma
Manners TF4a
Jewel set @ 8oz
Schmidt 5x25 gen2xr with near alpha mount
Atlas bipod
30p-1

jb4mcn.jpg

2dvuzvm.jpg

Build started! Specs:

Manners MCS-TA
Templar V2
Bartlein varmint sendero 1-8.2 twist barrel, finished at 26"
Timney trigger
Badger M5 bottom metal
Mini FTE brake

I'm estimating rifle weight at 10.5-11lbs.

Sounds like great specs !!

mine is getting closer to delivery ... Grin

I read your specs when you posted them up - NICE! I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully you get a call from Tracey soon! I think I have the same response as a drug addict getting high when I get those calls, lol.

My parts are at GAP:
DEVIANT Tactical
XLR Carbon
Bartlein Gain twist 9.5-8.5 28"
Jewell
Threaded for either a JEC brake or my TIGERSHARK whatever I'm feeling that day.

Getting close I think.... Will post up pics when I get it :)

That's awesome news! It's always good to add a member to the family! I'll look forward to seeing some pictures. I decided to do a two-tone, FDE/Patriot Brown on mine :) When I went down to talk with Ken all my parts were in stock. He said I should mine sometime around the first of the year.

Marlin "XL7" action with 26" Mcgowen savage magnum contour barrel with Harrel's brake. Jim @ Apache Gun Works chambered the barrel. Vortex Midway 5-15x44 Mil/Mil scope. No rifle photos...soon though! Super fun rifle to shoot,fast,accurate, and the cartridge is impressive. No pressure issues and seems to be real easy on brass so far.

Here is some quick photos of project X. Duracoated action and barrel with Gray Wolf.

Rifle weighs 10lbs. 2oz.

Load Data:

Newest spec. GAP 6.5SAUM 4S reamer.
7mm Rem brass necked down, .291" bushing, and turned to .015" per Pat Sinclair instructions.
140 Berger Hybrid
H1000 Powder @ 61.5grs.
CCI-250 Primer
COL @ 2.902" -.018" OTL
Shoots .3's to .5's @ 100 yards. Worst group while testing 1 1/4"

DSCF5203_zpscb96b8e1.jpg

DSCF5204_zps30d26a89.jpg

5c2a69de-b1fe-4929-832d-e4e92d2f4632_zpsdc627783.jpg

What's the general consensus on twist rate for the 140's? In smaller calibers (260) I shot 142's out of a 1:8.5 but with this what do you all recommend? 1:8 or 1:8.5?

What's the general consensus on twist rate for the 140's? In smaller calibers (260) I shot 142's out of a 1:8.5 but with this what do you all recommend? 1:8 or 1:8.5?

If I recall correctly the GAP rifles are 1 in 8.7" and they almost went 1 in 9". I went with 1 in 8.5" and considering you are pushing the 140's around 3100fps it should be plenty.