• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Sherman Short

Has anyone tried using staball 6.5 powder for the 6.5SS (6.5 sherman shortmag)? And if so how much powder did you use and what was your load?

I've just recently built a full carbon 6.5ss type B chamber on a Terminus SA, Manners LRH, with a 26" 1-7.5tw carbon. I'm looking for a good fire forming load. I'd like to run a 147gr ELDM, I have just about every mag powder available today. What do you guys suggest to get a good first soft firing on the virgin brass? Also, trim length on the 6.5ss... what is max brass length an what do you guys trim too??

I would do 54-55 grains of H1000 as a starting load to fireform brass. I’m sure you could do more. My loads are usually around 58 grains of H1000 or RL26. I’m not sure what the trim length is. I’ll measure one next time I’m out in the garage. The cases don’t grow very much at all with the 40 degree shoulder so I just touch them to the giraud to get a clean chamfer.