• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM AR choices: DD5v4 or something else?

HootnHoller

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2022
West
I'm looking to buy a new AR in 6.5 creedmoor. I'm building it primarily as a hunting rifle but will likely use it for long range shooting (1000yds+) as well. I already have an RPR in 6.5cm so I'm looking for something lightweight that I can still use to reach out and touch a target. I've mainly been looking at the DD5V4, as it seems to be one of the lightest in its class, and change to a proof barrel to trim as much weight as possible. Before I do, I wanted to see what y'all have to say about that rifle and its competitors.

My dream rifle is an SR-25 but the upper alone would cost as much as the DD and Proof barrel combined. I've also looked at the LMT MARS-H but that's heavy, expensive, and you lose the CF barrel option. As far as I can see, the DD is the 3rd best option here, and might be the best balance of accuracy, weight, and cost.

So, what are some other options for rifles that would compete with the DD and what are their pros/cons?

I shot one a while back and it was very jumpy, but seemed decent and is much lighter than my MWS. I don't really have a hunting use for a semi auto large frame gun though so I didn't get excited for it.

If you are serious about using it for 1000yd shooting you might want to check out the thread detailing the POI shift issues that can happen when shooting from different positions like a bipod because of how the handguard is bolted to the barrel. It was a couple months back I think.

I'll enter the chat.

For hunting, I'd get a Q fix or the new Sig Cross. Mostly because at those weights, the gun is a different animal altogether. Put a vortex 1-10 up top and you have an amazing gun and light as hell. Quick follow up shots are less of a thing in my hunting experience. I liked them very much more than any of my AR10's.

For the AR10 side...I have had them all pretty much. I currently run an LMT because of its insane accuracy. Sub .2 with several overlaid groups on different days. But it's a pig. The DD is ok, but I never liked it. I loved my JP LRP-07 with proof barrel. LOVE. It was the Rolex of AR10's.

Before you lose your mind on the proof barrel and its weight, look up the barrel weights of the system you are concerned with. You might find that sometimes the proof shaves off 24 ounces (I'm looking at you, AI AX) and sometimes its 4 ounces.

I shot one a while back and it was very jumpy, but seemed decent and is much lighter than my MWS. I don't really have a hunting use for a semi auto large frame gun though so I didn't get excited for it.

If you are serious about using it for 1000yd shooting you might want to check out the thread detailing the POI shift issues that can happen when shooting from different positions like a bipod because of how the handguard is bolted to the barrel. It was a couple months back I think.

Thanks for the heads up. POI shift due to handguard loading would be a real issue for me so I'll take a look for that thread

I'll enter the chat.

For hunting, I'd get a Q fix or the new Sig Cross. Mostly because at those weights, the gun is a different animal altogether. Put a vortex 1-10 up top and you have an amazing gun and light as hell. Quick follow up shots are less of a thing in my hunting experience. I liked them very much more than any of my AR10's.

For the AR10 side...I have had them all pretty much. I currently run an LMT because of its insane accuracy. Sub .2 with several overlaid groups on different days. But it's a pig. The DD is ok, but I never liked it. I loved my JP LRP-07 with proof barrel. LOVE. It was the Rolex of AR10's.

Before you lose your mind on the proof barrel and its weight, look up the barrel weights of the system you are concerned with. You might find that sometimes the proof shaves off 24 ounces (I'm looking at you, AI AX) and sometimes its 4 ounces.

I definitely like the fix and have considered buying one but I’m looking for something to bridge the gap between a large 5.56 and a full LRP bolt gun. I want to be able to use it for deer, hogs, yotes, and steel (perhaps some larping too) and an ar10/sr25 is the sweet spot for me.

I really like the lmt, but as you said, it’s a bit heavy to be humping around the mountains of Colorado and California searching for deer. My original idea was to have a proof barrel converted to work with an lmt but after seeing the price on just the conversion, I’ve been exploring other, more reasonable options. Unfortunately its not easy to find the weights of just the barrel for a lot of these rifles (or the proof barrels) but I’ll keep that in mind as I do further research.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
Isnt this the result of uneven torque on the 4 bolts? I’ve seen a few DD5’s shoot some good groups on steel out to 700 yards.

Like or dislike Marty Daniel, DD as a company, seems to be supporting the DD5 line and they stand behind their products.

Isnt this the result of uneven torque on the 4 bolts? I’ve seen a few DD5’s shoot some good groups on steel out to 700 yards.

Like or dislike Marty Daniel, DD as a company, seems to be supporting the DD5 line and they stand behind their products.
Not according to this thread.

I have no issue with DD (other than hating their boltgun) and I am not here to get into brand politics/loyalty, only trying to be helpful to the OP.

I have a JP in 6.5 CM but with a scope on it weights 14 pounds so not ideal for a hunting rifle.

Reactions: msgriff

I have no issue with DD (other than hating their boltgun) and I am not here to get into brand politics/loyalty, only trying to be helpful to the OP.

I appreciate the unbiased response. Don't care much for the brand politics thing. Just looking for the best gun for my needs.

It may be light, but it's evident that all the weight savings are in the pencil barrel. Not really interested in that.

I have a JP in 6.5 CM but with a scope on it weights 14 pounds so not ideal for a hunting rifle.

That strikes JP off the list most likely. Still gonna take a serious look at them and their barrel weights but that seems like a nonstarter

I just did some reading in this thread and it looks like an SP10 builder set might be the way to go. I enjoy the process of building guns and would more than likely change the stock, grip, muzzle device, and possibly trigger anyways, so going the DIY route may be a good way to save some cash up front. However, there is a lot to be said for a factory built rifle these days.

I just did some reading in this thread and it looks like an SP10 builder set might be the way to go. I enjoy the process of building guns and would more than likely change the stock, grip, muzzle device, and possibly trigger anyways, so going the DIY route may be a good way to save some cash up front. However, there is a lot to be said for a factory built rifle these days.
Good call. I said SP10 above. Seekins receiver/barrel/handguard fit is their key to reproducible accuracy IMO. Wouldn’t hurt to use Proof CF barrel for wieght.

LMT MWS thread, page 84, post #4196. With some machining and a Proof conversion, @unclemoak got his rifle down to sub-13 lbs with optic. Then he proceeded to run that setup in a comp and did very well. LMT may still have some cheap LM8 uppers you could have chopped up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-210416_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-210416_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 109
LMT MWS thread, page 84, post #4196. With some machining and a Proof conversion, @unclemoak got his rifle down to sub-13 lbs with optic. Then he proceeded to run that setup in a comp and did very well. LMT may still have some cheap LM8 uppers you could have chopped up.

@unclemoak is exactly who I was referencing when I said the conversion was too expensive. Unfortunately, his rifle is exactly what inspired me to go down this path. I just can’t justify spending nearly $6k on the rifle alone.

Keep in mind, the new Ruger SFAR just came out this past month in 308. It is a 6.8 lb gun and I can't imagine a 6.5 variant is far behind.

Seeing as how it is basically a POF Revolution, but with Ruger support, I would give it a serious look. Expect it to come in at right under 1000 for the rifle street price.

Just build an aero with a proof barrel in it. Might as well either go budget or get a KAC, LMT. I have zero regrets dropping cash on my LMT 6.5 DMR. Yeah, it’s a little heavy, but it’s not M240B with 300 rounds of 7.62 and full combat kit heavy either.

In other words, you’ll get used to it.

Reactions: Jsp556
A light 6.5cm would be great for a hike/hunt but isn't going to be fun to shoot all day. My GAP-10(for sale) weighs 11.24lbs with no glass, this rifle is built off the SP10 receivers/handguard with a larger profile barrel and PRS stock.

DSCN2360.JPG

The DD or SP10 would be a good choice. I was set on a MWS before the GAP but couldn't find one at a decent price. If the budget is there, I'd lean towards a factory built gun. These are not plug and play like an AR15.

Reactions: Rcornell27
@unclemoak is exactly who I was referencing when I said the conversion was too expensive. Unfortunately, his rifle is exactly what inspired me to go down this path. I just can’t justify spending nearly $6k on the rifle alone.
Sorry. I saw in your original post that the MWS was too heavy, expensive and you lost the CF option. I thought you were calling the platform too expensive. But you certainly don't lose the carbon barrel option.

If I didn't already have an MWS I'd lean REALLY hard towards Seekins. They are just scarce.

ETA: I'm also hella interested in PWS. The Mk218 looks incredible but I don't believe you could swap the barrel for a Proof.

Last edited:
If your considering a JP check out EuroOptics.com. I bought mine there for $3800 in July.

IMO JP and Gap set the bar for accuracy/build quality. Seekins is right there along with LMT. There’s a reason Gap uses Seekins.
I didn’t see the need to JP or Gap personally. Chose the other two. Very happy. I get this question fairly often and usually my “advise”(lol) is If the versatility of the LMT MRP floats your boat then go LMT if not Seekins. If price is no concern KAC, JP or Gap.

no one should be buying DD
I agree with you on lots of things but have to disagree here. By the same logic, no one should buy anything from either Ruger or Colt. Marty Daniel is no worse than Bill Ruger was or corporate Colt. HK hides their good shit behind export laws but has mfg facilities in Ga. FN doesn’t care about the civilian market. Sig beta tests on their customers. LMT sells rifles to governments that use them to oppress their citizenry. Pretty sure LMT and KAC would end all civilian sales if their gov contracts depended on it. They already prioritize fulfilling gov sales over civilians. The list goes on but we continue to buy quality products from companies that don’t give a shit about our rights. Haven’t seen any of the big players making big donations to any pro 2A groups. I’ve yet to see a “Thx xxxx for the million dollar donation to GOA, FPC, etc.”. Seems like if any of them gave a shit about us they would be vocal about protecting our right to buy and own their products but they’re quick to brag about a contract with the government that is hell bent on curtailing said right. Rant over.

I agree with you on lots of things but have to disagree here. By the same logic, no one should buy anything from either Ruger or Colt. Marty Daniel is no worse than Bill Ruger was or corporate Colt. HK hides their good shit behind export laws but has mfg facilities in Ga. FN doesn’t care about the civilian market. Sig beta tests on their customers. LMT sells rifles to governments that use them to oppress their citizenry. Pretty sure LMT and KAC would end all civilian sales if their gov contracts depended on it. They already prioritize fulfilling gov sales over civilians. The list goes on but we continue to buy quality products from companies that don’t give a shit about our rights. Haven’t seen any of the big players making big donations to any pro 2A groups. I’ve yet to see a “Thx xxxx for the million dollar donation to GOA, FPC, etc.”. Seems like if any of them gave a shit about us they would be vocal about protecting our right to buy and own their products but they’re quick to brag about a contract with the government that is hell bent on curtailing said right. Rant over.
I hear you but not here. He was jumping to the front of the line on with the anti2a crowd and it wasn't until significant backlash that he relented. Not to mention, too many quality options out there at the same pricing so why go that route. I'm not a Ruger guy either and my memory is long.

bear in mind, Marty's contracts were not at risk, not one ioda.

I definitely like the fix and have considered buying one but I’m looking for something to bridge the gap between a large 5.56 and a full LRP bolt gun.

Not saying you're guilty of it, but many make the mistake of thinking the large-frame is going to be an in-between from a small-frame AR and their bolt guns...."best of both worlds" that blends the best of both worlds and ignoring that often times it comes with the worst of both.

Not knowing what your mountain experience is given the 2x states mentioned or where you currently reside, more power to ya if you are cool with any unnecessary ounces. @The King nailed it...I too would be leaning on the lightest/compact bolt gun rig I could get to fit the bill for dicking around in elevation and mountainous terrain.

If you're looking at really cutting weight and not compromising on accuracy but aren't prepared to go KAC or custom build money, you might be in for a very wild ride. Don't forget about footprint. You can reduce length and some bulk but that often comes at cost of reducing down to lesser stocks and other things that might affect your fit to the gun if you are trying to eek all the performance you can get out of the gun.

Regarding DD in particular...I've had some killer DD barrels in some guns. I've also had some pretty mundane DD guns/barrels too. Ya don't know till you know. I will also note that any bolt-up rail system they've had save for the RIS2 with the detachable 6 o'clock for the M203 can demonstrate POI shift with varying levels of tension/load to the rail. That said, I've NEVER seen any barrel be as sensitive to load on the rail as my PROOF-barreled SPR. I could drive groups from 100y up to 9" straight down between shooting off bipod with load to no load off a pack...and this is with the supposedly super rigid Hodge P-Lock and steel barrel nut on a thermal fit barrel.

The heart wants what it wants, but I think a good many dudes wade into the large-frame ARs with false assumptions and learn some costly, time-consuming lessons. My favorite is: "well...I need fast follow-up shots".

I always like to drop this very loaded gem and watch the shit fly...(if you know, you know):
"Running/cycling a bolt gun quick is no more difficult than driving a large-frame semi-auto well"

Not saying you're guilty of it, but many make the mistake of thinking the large-frame is going to be an in-between from a small-frame AR and their bolt guns...."best of both worlds" that blends the best of both worlds and ignoring that often times it comes with the worst of both.

Not knowing what your mountain experience is given the 2x states mentioned or where you currently reside, more power to ya if you are cool with any unnecessary ounces. @The King nailed it...I too would be leaning on the lightest/compact bolt gun rig I could get to fit the bill for dicking around in elevation and mountainous terrain.

If you're looking at really cutting weight and not compromising on accuracy but aren't prepared to go KAC or custom build money, you might be in for a very wild ride. Don't forget about footprint. You can reduce length and some bulk but that often comes at cost of reducing down to lesser stocks and other things that might affect your fit to the gun if you are trying to eek all the performance you can get out of the gun.

Regarding DD in particular...I've had some killer DD barrels in some guns. I've also had some pretty mundane DD guns/barrels too. Ya don't know till you know. I will also note that any bolt-up rail system they've had save for the RIS2 with the detachable 6 o'clock for the M203 can demonstrate POI shift with varying levels of tension/load to the rail. That said, I've NEVER seen any barrel be as sensitive to load on the rail as my PROOF-barreled SPR. I could drive groups from 100y up to 9" straight down between shooting off bipod with load to no load off a pack...and this is with the supposedly super rigid Hodge P-Lock and steel barrel nut on a thermal fit barrel.

The heart wants what it wants, but I think a good many dudes wade into the large-frame ARs with false assumptions and learn some costly, time-consuming lessons. My favorite is: "well...I need fast follow-up shots".

I always like to drop this very loaded gem and watch the shit fly...(if you know, you know):
"Running/cycling a bolt gun quick is no more difficult than driving a large-frame semi-auto well"

Having used the proof with a wedge lock I would suggest you use a Teslong bore scope on the inside of your rail to determine if the gas block is touching the rail system when fired.

You can have clearance but not enough to account for barrel whip and end up with a contact mark. If you have a contact mark its whats causing your group drift. In that case consider a JP rail or different gas block.

Reactions: MSTN
This is like asking for a track car that can can also be used as a monster truck. If you want a hunting rifle, buy a hunting rifle.

If you want a long range rifle, buy a long range rifle. There are almost no applications where a semi is better than a bolt gun outside of a military/combat situation.

Your life will be much easier and we wont have to hear you bitching about a gun that doesn't run or doesn't shoot.

Reactions: ELCO82
You could always just build a 6mm arc ar15. I'm getting 3050 from 87gr v-max in a 22" barrel with a rifle that weighs 8lbs. It is plenty for deer and pigs. I have shot this rifle out to 1000k on steel with the 108gr eld-m's and it is plenty capable. It's going to kill deer and pigs as far away as anyone should probably shoot them.

Reactions: Thorbeast
Having used the proof with a wedge lock I would suggest you use a Teslong bore scope on the inside of your rail to determine if the gas block is touching the rail system when fired.

You can have clearance but not enough to account for barrel whip and end up with a contact mark. If you have a contact mark its whats causing your group drift. In that case consider a JP rail or different gas block.

Doesn't make much sense given I could walk it more or less with increasing/decreasing bipod load straight up and down.
All the 416's be they 14.5, 16.5, or 20" would exhibit the same issue with forward-mounted bipod and load tensions. They would only walk maybe 2 inches max.

Be that as it may, I ditched that barrel long ago.

Doesn't make much sense given I could walk it more or less with increasing/decreasing bipod load straight up and down.
All the 416's be they 14.5, 16.5, or 20" would exhibit the same issue with forward-mounted bipod and load tensions. They would only walk maybe 2 inches max.

Be that as it may, I ditched that barrel long ago.
Makes sense. I mostly shoot the MRP/MWS these days and they don't exhibit that much.

Makes sense. I mostly shoot the MRP/MWS these days and they don't exhibit that much.

Nor did mine. MWS has been the best large frame I’ve had. The monolithic is a blessing and curse...the curse being the barrel conversion aspect

OP - I would get the MWS and have a proof barrel converted to the LMT platform by DWILSON. It will be reasonably light and shoot excellently.

Well it looks like my response from yesterday didn't post but to sum up a bit of what I said;

I don't care much for company politics. I understand that companies sometimes have to support the parties they do or say the things they do in order to continue their contracts and, tbh what matters most to me is how far my dollar will go. So if a company doesn't align with my politics but they build the product thats best for me, well, that's that. I obviously prefer to support strongly pro2a companies but I'm not gonna lose sleep over buying a gun from someone I disagree with. With that said, I suspect that Marty Daniel is being unfairly penalized for his so-called "crimes".

Back on topic, I recognize that asking for a 6lb full size rifle caliber 1000m tack driver is like asking for a hyper-car with a 10,000lb towing capacity. What I'm looking for is something that bridges the gap the best. I already have a 15lb bolt action that can slam steel at 1000m all day, and a 12lb AR with a peq and light that can touch 600m easy, and an 8lb .308 bolt action that'll take 99% of the game I'll shoot. I'm looking for something closer to the 12lb (with optic) mark that I can hit 1000m in a semi-auto. Not because I mistakenly think I need fast follow-up shots for hunting or because I think a semi-auto is going to cover all the bases I think I need. I want to build this gun light and accurate because that's what I like and I think it's what I need. I want a rifle that'll shoot as far as I can (until I find out I can shoot further), that the DFW will approve for shooting deer on a depredation permit, and that will be able to slot hogs and yotes as fast as I can when I go to Texas. To me, that's a semi-auto 6.5cm.

Based on my research, it seems like a pre-built JP with a proof barrel is the hot ticket so far. I used their gun builder and set up a 9.8lb rifle with a 22" proof barrel. I think I could cut a little bit of weight off that with a 20" barrel (which they might do if I asked nicely?). That setup with a leupold mark 6 3-18 or similar optic looks like it might be the hot ticket.

Feel free to chime in if you have any other info/ideas that would be helpful.

PS:
I just got off a 5 hour flight and have had enough Woodford to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so please excuse me if I sound particularly testy. I love you all

Well it looks like my response from yesterday didn't post but to sum up a bit of what I said;

I don't care much for company politics. I understand that companies sometimes have to support the parties they do or say the things they do in order to continue their contracts and, tbh what matters most to me is how far my dollar will go. So if a company doesn't align with my politics but they build the product thats best for me, well, that's that. I obviously prefer to support strongly pro2a companies but I'm not gonna lose sleep over buying a gun from someone I disagree with. With that said, I suspect that Marty Daniel is being unfairly penalized for his so-called "crimes".

Back on topic, I recognize that asking for a 6lb full size rifle caliber 1000m tack driver is like asking for a hyper-car with a 10,000lb towing capacity. What I'm looking for is something that bridges the gap the best. I already have a 15lb bolt action that can slam steel at 1000m all day, and a 12lb AR with a peq and light that can touch 600m easy, and an 8lb .308 bolt action that'll take 99% of the game I'll shoot. I'm looking for something closer to the 12lb (with optic) mark that I can hit 1000m in a semi-auto. Not because I mistakenly think I need fast follow-up shots for hunting or because I think a semi-auto is going to cover all the bases I think I need. I want to build this gun light and accurate because that's what I like and I think it's what I need. I want a rifle that'll shoot as far as I can (until I find out I can shoot further), that the DFW will approve for shooting deer on a depredation permit, and that will be able to slot hogs and yotes as fast as I can when I go to Texas. To me, that's a semi-auto 6.5cm.

Based on my research, it seems like a pre-built JP with a proof barrel is the hot ticket so far. I used their gun builder and set up a 9.8lb rifle with a 22" proof barrel. I think I could cut a little bit of weight off that with a 20" barrel (which they might do if I asked nicely?). That setup with a leupold mark 6 3-18 or similar optic looks like it might be the hot ticket.

PS:
I just got off a 5 hour flight and have had enough Woodford to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so please excuse me if I sound particularly testy. I love you all
You won't be able to get a 20" proof barrel in the JP because of the gas system.

This gun is also frequently mentioned in this space, but its one of the only guns I haven't tried frankly. It weighs 8.2lbs and will get you much closer to a 12lb once you jam all the shit on it like a can, bipod, and optic.

You won't be able to get a 20" proof barrel in the JP because of the gas system.

This gun is also frequently mentioned in this space, but its one of the only guns I haven't tried frankly. It weighs 8.2lbs and will get you much closer to a 12lb once you jam all the shit on it like a can, bipod, and optic.

Good to know about the JP. What's the issue with the gas system on the JP?

This is the first I'm hearing of a 6.5cm Nemo. I'm still fairly new here so I've yet to see anything about this

Any lightweight 6.5CM gas gun is going to be "jumpy", unfortunately. Adding mass and/or a suppressor will of course make it less so. Shooting a lightweight 6.5CM gasser well is a challenge.

I'm a huge fan of the Seekins SP10 builder's Kit. I'm equally disappointed they don't offer any discounts on them to dealers. Nevertheless, it's such a good product that I buy them at retail for full custom builds. Here's a 20" 6.5CM with Proof 20" SS barrel and JP FMOS BCG that weighs in at under 9.5 LB naked:

IMG_2471.jpg

If you want to go lighter, 12 ounces can be saved going to a Proof 20" carbon fiber barrel. More weight can be saved with the V Seven Harbinger billet receiver set and V Seven ultralight forend. This rifle - bare - weighs just over 8 LB:

IMG_2070.jpeg

Reactions: Jsp556
If the lightest possible long range capable rifle is the goal, and/or you just want something easier to shoot, I heartily endorse the 6mmARC as an alternative to the 6.5CM. This 18" 6mmARC pushes a Hornady 108 ELD-Match bullet out at 2686 FPS on an 88 degree day. The bare rifle weighs under 6.5 LB:

IMG_9412.jpg

Definitely should consider a Seekins SP10.
If you get an SP-10, make sure it is the newest version. Right after they came out in 6.5, they had some issues with extraction/ejection. I have one and love it (over-lube the bejesus out of it during break-in) and a friend got one that was completely unreliable. I sent it back to Seekins and they swapped the BCG to the new design - and he immediately sold it upon return. The new owner is happy (he too over-lubed the bejesus out of it during break-in.)
So, in summary:
SP10 is a great choice if not v1 model.
On all AR10 variants, when breaking in, lube the BCG till you think it is way too much lube, then add a little more.

If the lightest possible long range capable rifle is the goal, and/or you just want something easier to shoot, I heartily endorse the 6mmARC as an alternative to the 6.5CM. This 18" 6mmARC pushes a Hornady 108 ELD-Match bullet out at 2686 FPS on an 88 degree day. The bare rifle weighs under 6.5 LB:

View attachment 7960762

I know that having a lighter rifle will make it a bit more difficult to shoot accurately, but, again, I already have the heavy, longer range rifle covered with my RPR and Remington 700 so I'm more worried about keeping the weight down on this build.

I like the weight and setup of that sp10 with the 20" cf barrel. It's only about 2lbs heavier than my 556 AR without any goodies on it and based on some back of the envelope calculations, it may end up being lighter once its all said and done. I'll have to take a look at that v7 receiver set though. I don't know anything about that specific kit or its accuracy potential.

The 6mm ARC on the other hand does seem like a great option. I've had my eye on that cartridge since it came out and it really seems like its building a strong following. My only issue with the round is that I don't have any equipment or experience with reloading and I'm not really sure that I could do that right now considering I'm living in an apartment. Until I start reloading, I'm going to wait until they have more options/availability of factory loads for the 6ARC before I commit to that cartridge.

I appreciate the input though.

Reactions: MSTN

PS:
wow, you are all that is wrong with far too many gun owners

wow, you are all that is wrong with far too many gun owners
Actually, you are. Gatekeeping and turning to personal attacks based on my limited words without regard for the nuance behind them. This isn't a politics forum so I didn't want to go into a whole thing justifying my position. I most definitely do vote with my dollar. I just didn't feel the need to go into why I think DD gets a pass for their tarnished but still strong voting record. I haven't heard enough and don't care enough to look into the allegations of rogue political donations and I'm not gonna go researching every company's donation record before I buy from them. Especially when know that they're a reliable manufacturer with what may or may not be the best solution for me. This gatekeeping stupidity is always a race to the bottom and is exactly why the toxic cancel culture bs has overtaken the left. We're on a path for destruction if we fall victim to that ourselves.

Live and let live. Be kinder. Be better.

Out of curiosity related to 6.5C options, has anyone had good/bad experiences with LWRC's platform? I love their AR15's and just glanced over their REPR line. Expensive, but if it holds true to their quality may be another option.

Actually, you are. Gatekeeping and turning to personal attacks based on my limited words without regard for the nuance behind them. This isn't a politics forum so I didn't want to go into a whole thing justifying my position. I most definitely do vote with my dollar. I just didn't feel the need to go into why I think DD gets a pass for their tarnished but still strong voting record. I haven't heard enough and don't care enough to look into the allegations of rogue political donations and I'm not gonna go researching every company's donation record before I buy from them. Especially when know that they're a reliable manufacturer with what may or may not be the best solution for me. This gatekeeping stupidity is always a race to the bottom and is exactly why the toxic cancel culture bs has overtaken the left. We're on a path for destruction if we fall victim to that ourselves.

Live and let live. Be kinder. Be better.

Why would you financially support people you disagree with? Often times with those groups seeking to remove your rights. They aren't letting you 'live and let live', they are trying to strip you of freedoms by aligning with groups who want to take your rights. How do you tell a faceless company that you disagree? Don't spend your money with them. To attempt to justify that line of thinking when there are plenty of other reputable manufacturers who produce a similarly good product who values align with freedom is disgusting.

Because to you, your money means more than your morals.

You be better.

Why would you financially support people you disagree with? Often times with those groups seeking to remove your rights. They aren't letting you 'live and let live', they are trying to strip you of freedoms by aligning with groups who want to take your rights. How do you tell a faceless company that you disagree? Don't spend your money with them. To attempt to justify that line of thinking when there are plenty of other reputable manufacturers who produce a similarly good product who values align with freedom is disgusting.

Because to you, your money means more than your morals.

You be better.
Why are you arguing with a post from almost a year ago?

Little late to the party pal.