• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM brass-different brands

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
So, The only 6.5 brass I've ever used is Hornady. At 1-4x on various lots of it and getting ready to anneal. Since I'm about to work a new load as I've finally ran out of 140 AMAX' and going to try the 140 SMK and Staball once in. I do have 150 once fired Hornady cases and then about 350 other multi fired Hornady.

Question is how does the Remington and Winchester brass rate? I have about 150 RP's and 400 Winchester, both 1x. Debating sticking with Hornady or use one other others. My goal is to use what I have on the current barrel until toast and then switch over to Lapua and maybe the Bergers at that point for the new barrel.

I do plan to either pick up a SiG Cross, CA MPR or a Tikka CTR in the fall and would use the other brass for whichever one I get.

Current gun is AI AT with 24" 1n8, new barrel in safe, purchased when rifle was from MH

Appreciate the info

Mark

I also have cases marked "WIN" 6.5 CREEDMOOR and them the 400 lot is "WINCHESTER" 6.5CM, difference?

Is your 1x fired Hornady Match? I have about 1000 cases same lot that I want to load for 6.5CM. I have read some of the reviews that say the primer pockets go before anything else. Anyone with experience on newer lots? Same issue or improved? I might just sell the brass if it is not going to last that long and buy higher quality.

Interested to hear current reviews of the brass.

Yes on the Hornady Match, 50 are 4x and no issues when I primed them at 3x.