• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5CM, Issues with 140 AMAX in 8 Twist Edit: Bad Lot of AMAX

If I am reading this correctly Hornady has had another bad batch of 6.5 bullets? These are new lot numbers apart from the older thread in the other section of this board? If so that is a discomforting to hear. Having multiple bad lots a few moths apart is not good. I really like Hornady but I gave up on them for bullets last year when they suspended production of many of their bullets. I was having a rifle built at the time and I was going to have the chamber built around one of their bullets I had been using. I couldn't get them from anywhere for months. I could find similar from their competitors a lot easier, it was a good choice for me. I just bought 1k Nosler's acouple days ago cheaper than what i could get the Horndays and they shoot just as well. I still use their brass and that is about it. I hope they can get better control of things, they are a good company.

Sounds like this might be the case. I just got back from the range. Sighted my savage 12lrp in last weekend with factory Hornady 140 Amax lot #314....and it seemed to shoot really good. Today shot a box with #313....and it was total dookie. Blew 2 primers. It has left me wandering if its my gun or the ammo. Starting to lean more toward Hornady on this one.

Last edited: