• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6.5PRC mag blowing out after firing

Lucreau

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
CO
Got rid of my 3rd accurate mag and bought 2 of the 7 rounders. When I was shooting today, after firing a round the magazine would drop. When I had the 3 rounder I had no issue, but the magazine now does wiggle a little more than the 3 round. I bought an extended mag catch for my krg bravo but haven’t installed it. should I cut this one down to make the mags now fit tighter? Or is this a different issue?

When I first assembled my Bravo with an accurate mag (.308) it would drop after firing. The solution was simply to loosen the screw and slide the trigger guard forward for a tighter fit. It may be as simple as this. Like you, I had a little slop and after tightening it up just to where it drops free now there are no issues.

When I first assembled my Bravo with an accurate mag (.308) it would drop after firing. The solution was simply to loosen the screw and slide the trigger guard forward for a tighter fit. It may be as simple as this. Like you, I had a little slop and after tightening it up just to where it drops free now there are no issues.
Awesome going to check this out now. Thanks!!!

So I’m confident that’ll be the fix. REALLY appreciate you replying. Got it so it just barely falls out when I hit the button now

So I’m confident that’ll be the fix. REALLY appreciate you replying. Got it so it just barely falls out when I hit the button now
Hope it does the trick. I should measure my clearance with a feeler blade in case I need to set it up again one day or switch mag brand for some odd reason. Could just stick the feeler in and press the guard forward while tightening the screw to get the desired fit.

Reactions: Lucreau
Having this same thing happening with an Accurate mag in the MDT XRS chassis. Very tough to get the mag in (usually takes a hard tap). Then when you shoot it drops out. MDT is sending me a shorter mag catch because they think its just not getting completely locked in.

I'll see if that fixes it. They made it sound like that was the solution.
On mine, the mag definitely gets caught by the catch. Has juuuuust a touch of upward travel after the mag catch engages. I was thinking of even making it longer so there was no upward travel ability so it catches it tightly

I'll see if that fixes it. They made it sound like that was the solution.
Have you gotten your shorter mag catch yet? I went and shot again and the mag is still falling out after moving the trigger guard forward. May try to shorten my extra mag catch now

Have you gotten your shorter mag catch yet? I went and shot again and the mag is still falling out after moving the trigger guard forward. May try to shorten my extra mag catch now

Dang I really hoped the cheap and easy fix would take care of it. Let us know if shortening it ends up getting it fixed. 👍

I have not. Still waiting on it to get sent to me. I talked to another guy that had the same issue with the XRS and he said that fixed it.

Little update. Reached out to KRG since it’s their bravo chassis. He said the only thing he can think of is that there is only 1 of the 2 springs on the mag catch. And he was exactly right. The mag catch spring has an internal and external spring. Mine only had the external. So that’ll get here next week and should solve the issue

Reactions: Bradv86
Glad you (hopefully) resolves your issue. On a side note, how do you like your KRG Bravo otherwise? I haven’t had my hands on one, but I’ve been lookin fm at them for a couple 700’s I have. Price seems right for what you get.

6629131E-BEA8-46B4-A4D7-E0C2CD228F71.jpeg
Glad you (hopefully) resolves your issue. On a side note, how do you like your KRG Bravo otherwise? I haven’t had my hands on one, but I’ve been lookin fm at them for a couple 700’s I have. Price seems right for what you get.
So far I really like it and have no complaints. I added the tool-less height mech on the butt pad and a spigot (not in the picture). It’s very comfortable

Reactions: slayer_21420