• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5X47 130 ELD-M

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
I have a bunch of these bullets and determined to get them to shoot in a 6.5X47 hunting rig, but so far it’s been tough sledding. It’s been most accurate around 40ish H4350 (~.60”), but I am used to this thing shooting bug holes with Berger’s. Anyone have luck with these and a recipe?

Ten shots out of #4 contour Mullerworks. I am not chasing any more accuracy out of a hunting rifle. Shoots very good at 500 also.
20230417_192608.jpg

Reactions: diggler1833
If you are looking to shoot groups to test ammo you need to make the point of aim smaller and
move the point of impact away from your point of aim as the image changes as you shoot holes in your
point of aim.

They shoot lights out in my 26" 6.5x47L eith H4350...

Here my initial OCW and seating depth test...they liked being closer to the lands for me.. (0.01 off)

20230422_143758.jpg

I don't remember what the jump is, but I think it is in the .025" range IIRC. I ended up with 38.8gr Reloader 16 and I think I tweaked the seating depth about .005 from this example above. The result was a decent window of performance that remained in the .4s for five shots, and maintained that as I increased distance.

The downside to this load is that it is slow, and that is exacerbated by my slower Brux (my Krieger is always 30 FPS faster with the same load. My velocity out of a 26" barrel is 2,715. I'd care more if it didn't shoot so consistently. It is a half-minute shooter out to as far as I've taken it.

20230729_102727.jpg

This load straight up hammers coyotes out to the limits that I've tested it (250 - 260 multiple times). It also does well on larger critters...so much so that I've started believing in match bullets for hunting again after having had several poor results with various OTMs.

If you don’t mind switching powders, I’ve had great success with Varget and several different bullets in my 6.5x47.