• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 lapua dies?

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    I just bought a 6.5x47 lapua and I ordered the brass already, but I was wondering which dies would be the best. I normally use redding competition seater with a neck bushing die, but I was looking at the forrestor set which is considerbly cheaper and didn't know what peoples experiences are with the 2.

thanks scott

Re: 6.5x47 lapua dies?

I use the ones your considering and my ammo shoots as good as a buddy's 6.5x47 built with the same reamer but he uses Redding.

were did you get yours 6.5x47 lapua dies, sinclairs is out of stock and I don't know were else to get them.

thanks scott

I use the Forster 6.5x47 dies and like them just as well as the Redding competition dies. The micrometer graduations are not as easy to see on the Forster dies as the Redding, but this hasn't caused any problems.

Biggest difference is neck tension is easier to adjust with the Redding due to the bushings, but you can send your die to Forster and they'll hone the ID to a dimension you specify.