• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 Lapua neck bushing size

mrbig

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Pleasant Shade ,Tn 37145
rifle will be done soon and would like to order dies and brass and bushings on one order,,can anyone tell me what size bushing I will need to use Lapua brass without turning necks??

I just ordered the .288 .289 bushings for mine. Haven't gotten my gun in yet. I read all I could before ordering them. Those seemed to be the two most common sizes.

No, they are about .014, .015. I did skim turn some of my brass about .001 (they didn't need it) so my new measurment is .014. I did pre-load one round with a 130vld. Now my total is .290. Mabe it's becouse I have it seated so long tho. I will seat it down some more and remeasure. I know the math isn't adding up.

Last edited:
Used a standard PTG reamer and with Lapua brass I run the .290" bushing in my REDDING sizer. Gives me .001" which has worked fine for me.