• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 primer alternatives to cci450?

briang7511

steel smasher
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2013
Michigan
seems like the go to primer is the cci450. for those of you that have tried different primers has anyone come up with an alternative for this cartridge? Maybe cci400?

Don't use CCI-400's, the cup material is too thin for the pressure. BR-4, 41's, Rem 7 1/2's are good.

I'd you're pushing hard for speed, go with the BR4 because it might get you some for 'free'. Otherwise, the R7.5 is one tough MF.

I've shot loads hot enough to wreck 10-15% of primer pockets on Go #1. The Remingtons were fine.

Reactions: demolitionman
FED205Ms are working better in my 47 than the CCI450s or 400s...i had several FTFs with the newer lots of 450s

Not shooting a x47 but a regular ol' CM and I too have started seeing FTF's with 450's (and a few with my 6.8SPC which makes sense now). Incredible dents in the primer but no boom, sometimes if I try again it will boom but most times it will not boom no matter how many times I try. I switched to 400's but then I get a pierced primer every now and then. I guess it's time for me to stop being a cheap ass and get some BR4's. :)

Not shooting a x47 but a regular ol' CM and I too have started seeing FTF's with 450's (and a few with my 6.8SPC which makes sense now). Incredible dents in the primer but no boom, sometimes if I try again it will boom but most times it will not boom no matter how many times I try. I switched to 400's but then I get a pierced primer every now and then. I guess it's time for me to stop being a cheap ass and get some BR4's. :)
Same here

I use the CCI 450’s in my desert tech srs-a1 with factory barrel and get very good results (boringly accurate) for the length of my short (800 yard) range.

Before my cci’s arrived I did use some Winchester regular small rifle primers and had pretty good results with those also.