• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47-Reloader 16

83Scout

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
Has anyone tried this combo yet? I’ve mainly used Varget with 140’s, but I was looking to try some RL-16 and 130’s or 140’s to see what I can get out of them. I’ve mainly used Berger or Hornady ELD-M. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I haven’t shot that combo in the 47, but I’ve shot a lot of 16, and even more h4350. They’re almost identical. Like within a few FPS of each other at the same charge weight. Give it a whirl using h4350 data.

Reactions: 83Scout
All I use in my 47L is RL 16 found it better than varget and H4350 for velocity and SD/ES. My rifle has a long freebore and is single loaded was easily able to push 139 scenars into mid 2850's cant remember charge off top of head no pressure. Settled with 39g for a nice accuracy load at 2700. This prolly wont work for short COAL and people mag feeding though.

All I use in my 47L is RL 16 found it better than varget and H4350 for velocity and SD/ES. My rifle has a long freebore and is single loaded was easily able to push 139 scenars into mid 2850's cant remember charge off top of head no pressure. Settled with 39g for a nice accuracy load at 2700. This prolly wont work for short COAL and people mag feeding though.

Yeah, I normally stick to lower pressure loads as well. I had a low node with Varget that drove tacks, it was just going around 2,750. I’ll play around with the RL-16, I’ll have to work up and see where I start seeing pressure, then just work my way back down until I see something I like. I learned my lesson running them too hot. Took some loads to a match and started popping primers when my rounds got wet; first time I had ever had a problem. So I want a work up a reliable load that I can trust in most conditions.

I plan on running some H100V with Berger 130 in my 6.5x47 when I get home next week.
The lot I have is a bit faster than newer lots and it should be a good match.
I will keep an eye on this thread and may end up trying RL-16 latter just have to many good powders on hand to jump on a new one.

I plan on running some H100V with Berger 130 in my 6.5x47 when I get home next week.
The lot I have is a bit faster than newer lots and it should be a good match.
I will keep an eye on this thread and may end up trying RL-16 latter just have to many good powders on hand to jump on a new one.

Same. I like using up what I have first but want to work up a good load before I run out, just so I don’t have a bunch of down time doing development.

Same. I like using up what I have first but want to work up a good load before I run out, just so I don’t have a bunch of down time doing development.

That's my process as well and since I have atleast 15 pounds each of H100V, Varget and AR-COMP to play with in the 6.5X47 I just can't justify starting with a new powder.