• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x55 Swede users?

I am having a 6.5x55 GWI built on a long action with a long throat. Has anyone developed any loads for the 156 gr Berger EOL that they would care to share?

I was going to build one. Had some new Norma brass etc. Project was put aside. Need to dig the bullets and brass out sometime.

One of my Swede's. was my Dad's, did some work on it.
20200703_210152.jpg

I am having a 6.5x55 GWI built on a long action with a long throat. Has anyone developed any loads for the 156 gr Berger EOL that they would care to share?
Not an AI, but with my standard 6.5x55 Tikka (22") using 51 gr RL26 I get 2775 fps. I just found a couple of pounds of N555 and I am looking forward to trying it.

Is anyone on here using a 6.5x55swede? Dont here much chatter about them outside Mauser talk. I have an extra long action at home thats rdy for a rebarrel and Im on the fenceline weather to stay chambered 30.06 or try the swede.
I tactfully aquired about 200 lapua 6.5x55 swede brass new in box from a friend who borrowed my spare duck boat and hasnt returned yet. So rents due.

Any insite would be great if anyone using. Would be mostly a 1-600 yard gun for targets, yotes, and maybe deer. Was thinking a htg/tex stock w/ new steiner when they drop.
I shot my first black tail with one, but I prefer my 7x57. Both model 70’s.

Reactivate this swedes thread. Does anyone know if a 6.5x55SE reamer is available in the US?