• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 arc JP SCS question

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
Ive got a 6arc with the JP silent capture spring standard.

If I load my mags more than 3 rounds and increase upward pressure when I release the bcg the round fails to load. Like there isnt enough energy in the spring to push the bullet into battery.

Works fine if I only run 3 or if I single load the first round before putting the mag in. Then when it is cycling from firing there is no issue.

Would the heavier spring work or adding the tungsten weights?

I run 2 different ARC's with the "heavy" ( 2 tungsten and 1 steel), with the standard spring it comes with (black) and do not have that issue,

This is a spring issue, adding weight to the buffer might help or might hurt. Make sure all the operating surfaces are lubed and try a few different magazines. If that doesn’t fix it, get a stiffer spring.

This is a spring issue, adding weight to the buffer might help or might hurt. Make sure all the operating surfaces are lubed and try a few different magazines. If that doesn’t fix it, get a stiffer spring.
Great points. I have a spring kit. Lubrication is sufficient. Ill try heavier spring

Awesome! Is it a new rifle? I've had one or two AR's that really needed to cycle a little, and that benefitted from some lube in the buffer tube. Once they got some rounds through them they smoothed out.

Should be broken in enough to work out teething issues, yeah probably just needed more spring!