• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6 arc mags

Fmilby

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2020
Maryland
What kind of mags for the ar platform has everyone had the most luck with? I got the amend 2 in 6.5 Grendel and they are terrible . I have just recieved some of the ar stoner in 6.5 Grendel and haven’t tried them yet . Looking for some insight

PRI #1, elander and duramag pretty good.

ASC sucked.

PRI allows the longest ammo because they're butt welded.

What kind of mags for the ar platform has everyone had the most luck with? I got the amend 2 in 6.5 Grendel and they are terrible . I have just recieved some of the ar stoner in 6.5 Grendel and haven’t tried them yet . Looking for some insight
If you have a bolt-action that uses AICS pattern mags, the MDT mags work excellent.

If you're using an AR15 style magazine, I use the stainless steel C-Products Defense 6.5 Grendel mags in my 6.5 Grendel and they work flawlessly. I think DuraMag is the same company, they just changed their name to DuraMag from C-Products Defense.

I’ve used a bunch and found the Brenton 6 ARC mags work the best.

I’ve used a bunch and found the Brenton 6 ARC mags work the best.

These don’t drop free from any of my lowers AND when I contact them they said this was intentional. So…for the price YMMV.

If you have a bolt-action that uses AICS pattern mags, the MDT mags work excellent.

If you're using an AR15 style magazine, I use the stainless steel C-Products Defense 6.5 Grendel mags in my 6.5 Grendel and they work flawlessly. I think DuraMag is the same company, they just changed their name to DuraMag from C-Products Defense.
I went with Duramag . They look exactly the same as the ar stoner but they work perfect ! Thank you

Reactions: FuhQ
I def just took my 6 arc and one of my 556s back to my range and I was sitting there looking and I was like I’m gonna try this pmag 30 on the arc and it worked just fine. SMH why didn’t I just try that first

I've been searching for PRI mags and can't seem to find any. Does anyone know who has them?
For what it’s worth, I tried a PRI 6.8 15rd mag and it was awful with the ARC. Would barely hold 13 rounds, the round stack was all wonky, and it death jammed harder than any AR mag I’ve ever used when I actually tried to cycle it with dummies in the gun. Half the rounds in the mag were pointed straight down lol, it was ridiculous.

The only other mags I’ve tried have been the ASC 15’s and Amend2 10 rounders; both of those have been 100%.

For what it’s worth, I tried a PRI 6.8 15rd mag and it was awful with the ARC. Would barely hold 13 rounds, the round stack was all wonky, and it death jammed harder than any AR mag I’ve ever used when I actually tried to cycle it with dummies in the gun. Half the rounds in the mag were pointed straight down lol, it was ridiculous.

The only other mags I’ve tried have been the ASC 15’s and Amend2 10 rounders; both of those have been 100%.
I just ordered a 15 round ACS w/ red follower. We will see how it goes.

I have also noticed that on bolt lock back the bolt catches on the bolt face, and not the bcg body. A little odd.