• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Creed and R23

parshal

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Colorado
I'm curious if anyone has experience with R23 and 105's. I played around with it this weekend given I've got 16 pounds of it. I worked up from 40 grains and filled the case to the top and never hit pressure. Velocity was around 3220 with a completely full load. I was using a Wilson seater and arbor press and had no resistance seating bullets which was surprising.

In any case, has anyone played with this powder in the 6? I'd previously run R26 up to 46 'ish grains before pressure. I have no pressure with R23 at the same weight which surprises me.

I´ve tried R23 together with 105 Hybrids in my 6XC. Worked the charge weight up to 46,5gr which gave just under 3400fps in my 31# barrel. Groups were ok but ES was high. Between 20 - 30fps. R23 gives tremendous velocity but is rough on the bore.

Br
Emil
Sweden

I never had much luck with the odd number Reloder powders from a temp stability standpoint. Would see some pretty wild swings in velocity. Reloder 16 on the other hand? It's become my go to for my 6's.

I have had great sucess with RE23 and 115DTAC's. I'm slow at 2950fps. but my ES's are single digits. and at 1200 rounds down a 1-7.5 Hawk Hill I'm still at an ES of 4.5 last week at 3000 Density Altitude. I borescoped the throat and to my surprise I don't see the erosion like H4350 will do.

RL16 is magic pixie dust for the 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor

R26 is definitely not as temp stable as R23 especially as you get over 85 degrees. I've had good luck in cold temps, though. That's what I've been running in my 6 and 22 Creeds, 6.5 WSM and 6.5 SS. I've switched to R23.