• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 creed and Varget

poke_53

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 20, 2007
    Little Rock, AR
    na
    Anyone using Varget in 6 creed with 105’s?

I have a 19” 6 creed and I’m currently running H4350 at about 2900fps and I’m noticing my can becoming extremely hotter than usual while shooting 42.7gr of H4350 through it.

To my question. Is anyone running this combo? I’m interested to see if I can achieve similar velocity and more of a powder burn inside the barrel.

Any ideas where to start as far as load work up with 105’s.

IMG_6810.PNG

I've been thinking about switching to Varget for my 6 and 105's as well. This is all I've found.

Of course, the only source i haven’t looked at. I’ll start with that and see what I get. Thanks

The graphic is probably for a 24 inch barrel
    Running a can and H4350 at 19 inches, your more than likely getting some
    incomplete burning of powder.

That’s what I’m thinking on the h4350. That’s why I’m wanting to try a faster powder to see what velocity I can get.

It would make sense to run a "faster" burning powder
    or a lighter bullet. Less powder cooler can
    It's all relative, a can is going to get hot
    after 5 rounds or 20. No magic will fix that

I agree on the can getting hot. It’s not my objective to decrease the temp of the can. It just got me thinking.

I learned that shooting rifle calibers at metal silhouette competition with TC Contender pistol . All of the load data was for rifles.

The muzzle blast cleared the line a few times & didn’t contribute to accuracy. It took a while to dial in loads and change calibers that worked for me.

I had excellent success with a 357 Maximum in the TC for a normal barrel. I moved to a 7mm International for longer barrel work in the TC.

By then there was good “pistol data” for both that worked quite well. In my class at local & state meets the old TC beat some custom pistols routinely.

Powder & bullet choice is always interesting to work up for each individual weapon.

You have that situation with your can & shorter barrel.