• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 creed crazy velocity spikes!?! WTF

Clint2715

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2018
Sidney, Ne
So I started a 6 creed build (bighorn/proof) started load development today. To start with I went overboard on brass prep to remove as many variables as possible. (Weight sorted, turned necks, primer pockets uniformed, flash hole, even steel wool after trimming.) 10 shot group was under an inch and I thought all was good. Then I looked at the magnetospeed data and one shot was 400fps faster than the others. I removed that shot thinking it was an anomaly and got a single digit SD and low double digit ES. Thinking this was going fairly well I went home loaded another ten and everything went to crap from there... velocities from 2990-3500 but still shoots under an inch?!? Is my magnetospeed the problem? Can you really get a good group with that much FPS shift? I haven’t been able to get it to distance to check vertical spread yet, thought I would start here first.
load is 41.9 grains of h4350, Hornady brass, Hornady 110 A-tip, and CCI BR-2 primer
Any thoughts or help is appreciated

That’s what I thought too... especially when there were no pressure signs on any of the brass. Thanks for the reply!

Or, if it only takes 4.7 mils for 1000 yards, your MS is correct. 😉