• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Creedmoor 115 DTAC RBT Load Data

36.6gr of H4350 netted me 2794. I know ADG says to down load 15% due to less case volume to start safe, if you add in the 15% it’s like 42gr and sub 2800fps seems a bit slow

36.6gr of H4350 netted me 2794. I know ADG says to down load 15% due to less case volume to start safe, if you add in the 15% it’s like 42gr and sub 2800fps seems a bit slow
Wow....that seems REALLY light. Im using Lapua brass but Im suprised its that much different. The other guy I know is shooting same charge with Peterson brass.

1. Was that the only charge you tried? Maybe they just want you to start that low to work up slower.

2. Did you see any signs of pressure?

If answers are yes then no, I'd start walking your charge weights up in 0.3 or 0.5gr increments closer to the 39-40gr range.

Thanks for posting this... was looking for a good place that accumulated the various loads.
I like it too... Many thanks!!!
I am playing a little with AA Magpro.. maybe I will have something to add to it soon.
Brien

Wow....that seems REALLY light. Im using Lapua brass but Im suprised its that much different. The other guy I know is shooting same charge with Peterson brass.

1. Was that the only charge you tried? Maybe they just want you to start that low to work up slower.

2. Did you see any signs of pressure?

If answers are yes then no, I'd start walking your charge weights up in 0.3 or 0.5gr increments closer to the 39-40gr range.

That was the max load recommended from the hodgdon reloading page once you subtracted the 15%. No where near pressure signs, and I’ll definitely push it harder once I’ve got more time on my hands since I’ve already got an other load dialed in.

Interesting....where did you see that note? When I pull up the reloading data page on hodgdon.com I don't see any way to change the brass type from Hornady.

Interesting....where did you see that note? When I pull up the reloading data page on hodgdon.com I don't see any way to change the brass type from Hornady.
I emailed ADG to ask them what they recommend, but now it looks like they put something up on their site

They are saying that if you already have a load worked up, take 10% off and work your way back up because if the ADG case vol is lower than previous brass, then pressure will be higher. Not that the max is 10% lower.

I didn’t have a load for 115’s so I went the safe route, but even at the “max recommendation” down loaded the 10% it’s something like 36.45 which was silly slow.

Running an AI AXSA 6mm Creedmoor with a 26” 1-7 twist Bart 5R - .183 FB.
5, 5 shot groups @ 100 yards, cold clean bore to start.
New Lapua brass: neck tension .002, ran mandrel die with Holland’s .2415 mandrel
Load: 40.38grn RL-16
Primer: CCI 450’s
Bullet: 115 DTAC RBT Bare @ .0475 off the lands
COAL: 2.8065
BTO: 2.2240
Vel: 2995 FPS
SD: 5 FPS best 5 shot group was 1.3 FPS
Group opened up a little at the end of the session so I am wondering if this was due to the new brass ?
POI was basically in the same location across all targets.

Attachments

• BEBBC326-2146-44E7-AF29-F68D11A8E4AA.jpeg
    BEBBC326-2146-44E7-AF29-F68D11A8E4AA.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 89
  • CBE36BF1-30CE-4735-A8EB-6C188DCF8EDE.jpeg
    CBE36BF1-30CE-4735-A8EB-6C188DCF8EDE.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 5EE7D0AA-A510-41D4-BBB6-3816B531B790.jpeg
    5EE7D0AA-A510-41D4-BBB6-3816B531B790.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2B19846C-3E76-470A-AEEB-96D242C5DCC9.jpeg
    2B19846C-3E76-470A-AEEB-96D242C5DCC9.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 80
  • D9DBCB5A-7A62-4A6C-88F2-22D89B0B3696.jpeg
    D9DBCB5A-7A62-4A6C-88F2-22D89B0B3696.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Group opened up a little at the end of the session so I am wondering if this was due to the new brass ?
It could be shooter fatigue, or perhaps a mental thing.... If I'm shooting groups like this, the "pressure" gets on to keep it going till the end. Its all in my head, but the groups open just a bit.
good shooting, BTW. And it looks like this is a good load too ! Congrats.

Reactions: OneShot63
Yes, could potentially be shooter induced ? I have 2 other comp rifles in 6mm SST and 6.5 SST and they shoot pretty much 1/4” MOA across the board. Yes this load is really close, I may try a little less neck tension for the next round and see what affect it has on the consistency.
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate you responding for sure, good or bad !

I’ve been trying DTACs across 6creed, 6GT and dasher and I’ve noticed that they will shoot lights out, than the next batch shoot like Shit. Yes I agree with the shooter induced atressers and me sucking but when I run 105hybrids I have not seen any inconsistencies
I really really wanna love the DTAC and give them a go but I’m shooting the hybrids in the dasher The so called “easy button” 🤣

I’ve been trying DTACs across 6creed, 6GT and dasher and I’ve noticed that they will shoot lights out, than the next batch shoot like Shit. Yes I agree with the shooter induced atressers and me sucking but when I run 105hybrids I have not seen any inconsistencies
I really really wanna love the DTAC and give them a go but I’m shooting the hybrids in the dasher The so called “easy button” 🤣

I had the same issue, one batch would should great the next ones not so much. I’ve since switched to Berger 109s and they hammer.

From closely analizing the targets in @OneShot63 post, I don't think what we see can be blamed on bullets. All the groups appear to be w/in approx. 5/8 MOA, so not really anything to complain about for the type of shooting we do. The first target is solid for sure. As the targets progress, there is an extremely small shift in POI (assuming POA was same). Also I see the groups have a bit of horizontal dispersion, then tighten up in horizontal but have a bit of vertical. So leads me to ask the question is shooter breaking position and coming back to rifle each shot? Raising head? Perhaps nothing shooter induced, but eye fatigue (my astigmatism does this very thing to me).

Another consistent thing I see is the Berger Fanclub (and I shoot Berger bullets too) jump all over the DTAC every time it is mentioned. It is known there are differing BCs with these bullets depending on the lot you get. Lot to Lot consistency has not been consistent. Within lots, I haven't noticed any inconsistencies... you get the high BC lot, or the lower BC lot. Honest question here - Have you guys seen a single lot of DTAC bullets so inconsistent it would account for the aprox. 5/8" vertical dispersion at 100 yards demonstrated in Target #99 above (post #64)?

I'm not questioning the excellent quality of Berger bullets, nor the identified BC differences among the various lots of DTACs. I'm not convinced its the big deal made out to be by the Berger fanclub or the answer to every question asked by Berger haters.

Some guys can't afford to shoot Berger bullets.
Some guys can't afford not to shoot Berger bullets.

From closely analizing the targets in @OneShot63 post, I don't think what we see can be blamed on bullets. All the groups appear to be w/in approx. 5/8 MOA, so not really anything to complain about for the type of shooting we do. The first target is solid for sure. As the targets progress, there is an extremely small shift in POI (assuming POA was same). Also I see the groups have a bit of horizontal dispersion, then tighten up in horizontal but have a bit of vertical. So leads me to ask the question is shooter breaking position and coming back to rifle each shot? Raising head? Perhaps nothing shooter induced, but eye fatigue (my astigmatism does this very thing to me).

Another consistent thing I see is the Berger Fanclub (and I shoot Berger bullets too) jump all over the DTAC every time it is mentioned. It is known there are differing BCs with these bullets depending on the lot you get. Lot to Lot consistency has not been consistent. Within lots, I haven't noticed any inconsistencies... you get the high BC lot, or the lower BC lot. Honest question here - Have you guys seen a single lot of DTAC bullets so inconsistent it would account for the aprox. 5/8" vertical dispersion at 100 yards demonstrated in Target #99 above (post #64)?

I'm not questioning the excellent quality of Berger bullets, nor the identified BC differences among the various lots of DTACs. I'm not convinced its the big deal made out to be by the Berger fanclub or the answer to every question asked by Berger haters.

You couldn’t have said it better. In my weird love for reloading and shooting matches, I’ll probably keep visiting the DTACs because I want them to work so bad lol. I’m in that dilemma now with my dasher, buy 500 DTACs or 500 105s.

That was certainly a very good analogy of the targets and the string of fire. Yes I did break position after each shot, I also wear glasses so eye fatigue may play into the equation. I appreciate your evaluation and respect your comments, as they do make perfect sense.
I do shoot 2 other short magnums that have very good results across all 5 targets using the same method during load development. These can be seen in the attached photos. 6.5 SST II.
This is the first time shooting the 6mm Creedmoor and I wanted to get some feedback in case I was missing something.
Thanks again for your post.

Attachments

• AA3002D9-C073-4C2D-996A-4F9FA73CDA1F.jpeg
    AA3002D9-C073-4C2D-996A-4F9FA73CDA1F.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 117
  • D7351707-FC01-4A8C-BD78-BD98016B2358.jpeg
    D7351707-FC01-4A8C-BD78-BD98016B2358.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 66FEEB7A-0F95-455D-A903-6A6717FCE263.jpeg
    66FEEB7A-0F95-455D-A903-6A6717FCE263.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 8F16830A-C728-4A1B-A85F-F8893747D33A.jpeg