6 Creedmoor 115 DTAC RBT Load Data

Sam19kilo

Got the Rona’
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2019
Cheyenne, WY
Thanks for the info. Speeds holding up good at those round counts? Have you had to increased powder or chase lands?
My speeds have fluctuated 2950-2975. As I went to the range today my 100yd group is straight up dog shit, but at 300yds it’s 1”. That’s something I noticing but SDs are good and distance is accurate 🤷🏻‍♂️

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2018
Beast Coast
36.6gr of H4350 netted me 2794. I know ADG says to down load 15% due to less case volume to start safe, if you add in the 15% it’s like 42gr and sub 2800fps seems a bit slow

mbeavers1

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
36.6gr of H4350 netted me 2794. I know ADG says to down load 15% due to less case volume to start safe, if you add in the 15% it’s like 42gr and sub 2800fps seems a bit slow
Wow....that seems REALLY light. Im using Lapua brass but Im suprised its that much different. The other guy I know is shooting same charge with Peterson brass.

1. Was that the only charge you tried? Maybe they just want you to start that low to work up slower.

2. Did you see any signs of pressure?

If answers are yes then no, I'd start walking your charge weights up in 0.3 or 0.5gr increments closer to the 39-40gr range.

BrienM

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for posting this... was looking for a good place that accumulated the various loads.
I like it too... Many thanks!!!
I am playing a little with AA Magpro.. maybe I will have something to add to it soon.
Brien

King_beardsly

Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2018
Beast Coast
Wow....that seems REALLY light. Im using Lapua brass but Im suprised its that much different. The other guy I know is shooting same charge with Peterson brass.

1. Was that the only charge you tried? Maybe they just want you to start that low to work up slower.

2. Did you see any signs of pressure?

If answers are yes then no, I'd start walking your charge weights up in 0.3 or 0.5gr increments closer to the 39-40gr range.
That was the max load recommended from the hodgdon reloading page once you subtracted the 15%. No where near pressure signs, and I’ll definitely push it harder once I’ve got more time on my hands since I’ve already got an other load dialed in.

mbeavers1

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
Interesting....where did you see that note? When I pull up the reloading data page on hodgdon.com I don't see any way to change the brass type from Hornady.

King_beardsly

Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2018
Beast Coast
Interesting....where did you see that note? When I pull up the reloading data page on hodgdon.com I don't see any way to change the brass type from Hornady.
I emailed ADG to ask them what they recommend, but now it looks like they put something up on their site

mbeavers1

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
They are saying that if you already have a load worked up, take 10% off and work your way back up because if the ADG case vol is lower than previous brass, then pressure will be higher. Not that the max is 10% lower.

King_beardsly

Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2018
Beast Coast
I didn’t have a load for 115’s so I went the safe route, but even at the “max recommendation” down loaded the 10% it’s something like 36.45 which was silly slow.