• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Creedmoor AR-10 Loads

zandnubbz

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2017
Put together an AR-10 in a 6 Creed. Have been running 41.7 grains of H4350 and 107 SMK's and the thing hammers.... but after 2 firings my Hornady brass is not so happy... primer pockets are loose.

Any other unicorn loads?

I'm also running 107 smk with 45 grains of superperformance mine so far hasn't been too bad on the brass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your fps with 45 grains of superperformance?

41.2g H4350 with 105g Hornady has been shooting great in my GAP10.

Update...

Ended up running some H4831SC and had great results and then tried some 95 Classic Hunters with H4350 and had good results.

I'm in the process of load development for 6CM and 105gr RDF. I've loaded on the low end and now I'm working my way up to a max load. My first concern was the Dracos 9-twist barrel as I wasn't sure it would stabilize the 105gr RDF. Looks like it will. Will report back later with my results. Using Hornady brass and FGMM Large Rifle Primers with both H4831 and H4350 powder.

Feeding was not an issue for me.

Starline brass 6mm Creedmoor
Berger 105gr H
CCI BR primer
39.8gr of H4850
2740 oal
2980fps
23" Gap

Looking for load data.

I've just had my 6mm CM gas gun re-barreled with a Bartlein 23 inch 7.7 twist. I'm only getting 2830 fps with 40 grains of H4350 behind a 108 ELD, which seems excessively slow looking at some of the posts above. As a sanity check I also ran a batch of Copper Creek 105 Berger Hybrids though it, and was only getting 2840 fps. In my old barrel, which only had 500 rounds through it, these same loads were running at 2960 to 2970 fps. Any ideas with what's going on?

Looking for load data.

I've just had my 6mm CM gas gun re-barreled with a Bartlein 23 inch 7.7 twist. I'm only getting 2830 fps with 40 grains of H4350 behind a 108 ELD, which seems excessively slow looking at some of the posts above. As a sanity check I also ran a batch of Copper Creek 105 Berger Hybrids through it, and was only getting 2840 fps. Through my old barrel which only 500 rounds through it these same loads were running 2960 to 2970 fps. Any ideas to what's going on with low velocities?

Per the OP get rid of that Hornady brass and get something else. (Lapua SRP )

Moose, if you just rebarreled and don't have 100 rounds down your new tube, it might speed up yet.
Also your running 1+ grain less powder than the others, one was at 41.2 and 41.7 of H4350
that will also make a difference.
Do you know what Josh at CopperCreek loaded those rounds with? Was it the advertised ones or a special blend?

Per the OP get rid of that Hornady brass and get something else. (Lapua SRP )

Moose, if you just rebarreled and don't have 100 rounds down your new tube, it might speed up yet.
Also your running 1+ grain less powder than the others, one was at 41.2 and 41.7 of H4350
that will also make a difference.
Do you know what Josh at CopperCreek loaded those rounds with? Was it the advertised ones or a special blend?

Thanks, I'm up to 70 rounds down the barrel at the moment. I don't know what powder Copper Creek are using, it wasn't listed. I have pulled a few and weighed the charge they averaged 42 grains of what looked like H4350, but I could be wrong about the powder as I have heard they might be using RL16. I also chronoed some of their 115 DTACs, which were running at an avg of 2883, which surprised me, thinking that these would be running slower than 105 Berger CCs.

Last edited:
I am REALLY thinking about re-barreling my armalite ar10T, how is your accuracy compared to a bolt gun?

If I could figure out how to post some pics I'd show you group sizes. With the right load I've had 0.5 MOA groups. Remember with a gas-gun you've got so many moving parts from the movement and unlocking of the bolt to the recoil spring. If you get the technique right you can shoot them very accurately. While accuracy is key in PRS, speed is also a requirement, so while a gas-gun won't beat a bolt gun, the accuracy of gas-guns has improved substantially, and are now considered good contenders. JP's LRP07 or the GAP10 are good examples of accurate gas-guns.