• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 creedmoor gas gun loads.

drewdru1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Have a new 6 creedmoor gas gun on the way from Sgt of Arms, and im pretty sure what im going to do for a load, but just for curiosity, what are y'all runnin?

I’m running a 22” JP LRP-07 in 6CM w/ a 7” Ulta 30 TBAC can. I’m running 38gn of H4350 w/ 108ELDM @2740ish FPS and it shoots about 1/4MOA if I do my part. I’m just running Hornady brass as I have a metric shit ton of it. If I don’t run suppressed, I can get the 108’s comfortably close to 2950fps. I slowed it way down to try and save some barrel life. I would have way better luck with Lapua SRP brass, but I’m cheap lol.

Be diligent with keeping the neck in the chamber area clean and free of that nasty carbon ring. You’ll know if you get one, as your velocity and pressure will go through the roof.

I’ve tried 107 SMK and 108 Scenar L with fantastic results as well.
If you’re gonna run a can, When you find a good load, run it for as long as you can. When it goes to shit and you start getting pressure, clean it good. That will be a good average runtime/cleaning cycle for it.

When I get time, I’ll post all of the loads I’ve tried.
That being said, great luck with H4350...not very good with anything else,ie Varget, H4895, 4831SC. Decent results with IMR4064, it’s just too temp sensitive for a gas gun

Reactions: drewdru1
Ive had the rifle a couple weeks now, 22" barrel. Im using 108s with rl16 and running 2955fps absolutely no pressure signs. H4350 didnt do to well for me. Going to try a few other powders soon.

Any experience with hybrid100v in a gas gun?
I do not. I usually just stick with Hodgon Extreme powders to avoid any temperature issues. H4350 is a pretty good all around powder for the 6Creed gas or bolt gun. I’ve found the 6Creed out of a gas gun (suppressed) to be very finicky and hard to find consistency with. Seems like I gotta redo load development about every 300rds. Just minor tweaks & not too difficult, just annoying

Never had a chance to reload with h4350 I know ppl love it. It's never in stock. So I gave up on using it.

41 gr H4350, Berger 105 gr. Hybrid. I'm getting 3075 fps with this load out of my GAP-10. It was the load George told me to use and it's worked ever since. The last barrel I had got 3300 rounds on it before I sent it back for a new one.

Reactions: drewdru1
Really, 3300 rds.....that seems a bit high.

Really. I kept track of them all. I rarely shot groups. Just did in the beginning to make sure I had a good load, then I think I did it one or two more times or if a match required it. All other shots were on steel or paper in PRS and similar matches. I was hitting MOA targets consistently out to 1000 yards. Around 2800 rounds I noticed some slowing and weird flyers going on with the Berger's. George told me to switch over to Hornady 105's to see if I could squeeze some more out of the barrel and that did the trick until the 3300 mark. That's when I noticed random flyers that I could not explain. When I sent it in, the guys from GAP called me and asked me how many rounds I had through it. When I told him, he said "Yup, that's exactly what George and the rest of us are seeing." I asked him if they bore scoped the barrel, and he said yes and that it was toast.

I don't know what people are doing to their rifles who claim they only get 1000 to 1200 rounds out of them...

Really. I kept track of them all. I rarely shot groups. Just did in the beginning to make sure I had a good load, then I think I did it one or two more times or if a match required it. All other shots were on steel or paper in PRS and similar matches. I was hitting MOA targets consistently out to 1000 yards. Around 2800 rounds I noticed some slowing and weird flyers going on with the Berger's. George told me to switch over to Hornady 105's to see if I could squeeze some more out of the barrel and that did the trick until the 3300 mark. That's when I noticed random flyers that I could not explain. When I sent it in, the guys from GAP called me and asked me how many rounds I had through it. When I told him, he said "Yup, that's exactly what George and the rest of us are seeing." I asked him if they bore scoped the barrel, and he said yes and that it was toast.

I don't know what people are doing to their rifles who claim they only get 1000 to 1200 rounds out of them...
Thats what im trying to figure out. Maybe they are shooting 55gr bullets at 4k. Ive shot 235rds out of my 6 creedmoor barrel and have measured the OAL length and it hasnt moved. I mean from ogive to base from before any rounds to now. No chamber wear.

Ive had the rifle a couple weeks now, 22" barrel. Im using 108s with rl16 and running 2955fps absolutely no pressure signs. H4350 didnt do to well for me. Going to try a few other powders soon.
How many g of RL16?