• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Creedmoor

jdel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
CA
I have been working on a project acquiring parts to build a 6mm Bolt gun. I have a HS Precision stock, CDI bottom metal, Savage action trued and timed and a Benchmark 6mm blank to be finished at 26". I was originally thinking of having it chambered for 6mm Super LR ( Robert Whitely's creation ) but was talked into maybe going with a 6Creedmoor. I can find brass and dies but load data is spotty. How popular is this round? I would prefer to stay away from the 243 just because it's so mainstream. I realize what a great cartridge it is I just want something different. Thanks much for any and all help

I have been working on a project acquiring parts to build a 6mm Bolt gun. I have a HS Precision stock, CDI bottom metal, Savage action trued and timed and a Benchmark 6mm blank to be finished at 26". I was originally thinking of having it chambered for 6mm Super LR ( Robert Whitely's creation ) but was talked into maybe going with a 6Creedmoor. I can find brass and dies but load data is spotty. How popular is this round? I would prefer to stay away from the 243 just because it's so mainstream. I realize what a great cartridge it is I just want something different. Thanks much for any and all help

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Do some searches here. You'll find that load data exists, including data from the man who created the cartridge. Just for reference my load is Berger 105 hybrids, properly headstamped brass, 42.1 of H4350 and a FED10M. Could be junk in your rifle though.

Thanks much mkollman74. I've done searches but 6.5 keeps predominately coming up. I have come across some load data but it seems here and there. Thanks again I appreciate your response very much

I love the 6 creed,

I run h4350, at 42.1 grains, Berger 105 hybrids, and a 25 inch benchmark. It rolls at 3125 FPS. Love it

Thanks with the info. All the info is greatly appreciated

I love the 6 creed,

I run h4350, at 42.1 grains, Berger 105 hybrids, and a 25 inch benchmark. It rolls at 3125 FPS. Love it

Hows preasure on this? i just reloaded for my virgin 6creed but i maxed it to 41.8 hybrids 105 h4350 26" 7.5twist
20131129_182940_zpsf5bbdfbe.jpg

Bjay6creedmoor002_zps0b3158fd.jpg

Last edited:
F*****g saaaweeeeeeeeeet looking rig you have there. Great job, looks like you went full bore top of the line. One day maybe I can do the same. Beautiful

No pressure really at all. I run a suppressor as well and have never had a problem. I ran all the way up to 43 grain in the rifle without pressure, just liked the 42.1 the best. So I stuck with that.

Just out of curiosity what are the specs on your rifle bjay?

Just out of curiosity what are the specs on your rifle bjay?

Defiance action
Krieger 1:7.5 mtu 26" thread protector helix flute
Mcm A5
Surgeon bdm
Jewell trigger
Smith and bedded by robert @ rwsnyder very great guy!

Last edited:
No pressure really at all. I run a suppressor as well and have never had a problem. I ran all the way up to 43 grain in the rifle without pressure, just liked the 42.1 the best. So I stuck with that.

Mine strictly throated for 105 whats your oal?

Last edited:
Anything from 41.5-42grs H4350 with a 105 bullet will shoot lights out as they say. I Love my 6 Creed as well. Pics on request only hehehe