• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 dasher mag help

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
I'm diving head first into the 6 dasher swimming pool. I have an action and barrel being sent to be spun up as we speak. What is the best mag set up for the dasher?? I heard a rumor that the arc mags don't need to be modified. I have plenty of AI mags, are the primal rights, or pva conversion kits the way to go??

Neither have worked for me without some bit of tweaking. The combo I use now is an ARC mag with an Area419 extension and a 10-rnd AICS spring and follower.
My issue, for whatever reason, with the AICS mags, is that the follower in the kits drags inside the mag and gets stuck Midway, causing all the rounds to be loose and not feed. It's a mag issue me thinks.
I need to polish the mag walls or file the followers.

TL3 in an MPA, FWIW.

So I am in the same boat as you bro. Maybe we can walk this path together lol. I asked the same questions in the dasher facebook group. The large majority of people said they were just using standard AI mags with no kit. However some guy were running kits and seemed to be very partial to what they were running. My plan of action is to get my rifle setup and run some, if I have any issues then I will look into mag kits.

Yea, I think a lot of it depends on what action they are running. I'm running a defiance. A lot are running the tl-3..

Everyone I know uses the mag kits from Primal rights and have no issues I have heard of

I've got two TL3 Dashers in MPA's.

My go to mag is a AICS 10 rd with a Primal Rights kit. The mag lips are tweaked out on the forward edge. The spacer is glued in, and I've got a +2 Seekins base plate. I also removed the binder plate for extra OAL running Sierra 110's with a longer throat. This mag works pretty much flawlessly for me, as well as any mag as ever worked for any round.

My "other" mag is an ARC. It's about a 98% mag for me IF I keep it clean. When it gets too dusty, the side pressure from the sharper stack angle plus the friction from the dust can cause the rounds to bind up on me. It's nice because it's short, and because it works well with pressure on the mag, which the AICS doesn't handle quite as well. Also, since it isn't modified I can use it for my 6.5x47L as well. Nice to not paint ALL your mags into a Dasher corner.

As soon as I get two kits from Josh in, I'll have a couple more AICS 10 rounders in action.

Mine feed fine out of straight AICS mags or AICS mags with kits. The also feed from slightly modified Magpul mags. I run unmolested ARC with +2 floorplates for big matches with high round count stages. 6BR is the cartridge that really requires magazine kits, dasher is longer and works better.

I use a Magpul Pmag 7.62AC 5 rounder in a 700SA, and it feeds both Dasher and 6BR fireform loads flawlessly.