• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher resizing die for Norma brass

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
So from my understanding there is 6 Dasher chambering for Norma brass. Pertaining to full length dies, I haven't seen one specific for Norma brass. Does it matter? If not, what full length resizing is everyone using for Norma brass?

I know that the necks on Norma brass are longer than Lapua, but I can't say if there are any other differences. It is my understanding if you want to use Norma brass in a chamber cut with a standard Dasher reamer, you'll need to trim the necks.

I have a reg Dasher die(Whidden) and bushing dies, Whidden and Redding. The neck on the reg die does not look long by observation, but there is nothing for the brass necks to run into when sizing, it will have to work. Running a neck into an oversize bushing, there is a lot of room for necks to grow.
So if your die has an adj stem and a lock ring for the stem which most good dies do, there would be no need for a special die.

Reactions: 021411
I went the harrels die rout. Using the Norma brass in a pva cut normer chamber. Think mine ended up being harrels 3.5 dasher die if memory serves me.