• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher vs 6 BRA

Davehc130

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
If you plan on running 105s at 2850ish what would be the better round and why?
use is for PRS 1200 yards and less

In this scenario, I like the BRA. Easier fireforming and a longer neck. The longer neck allows you to run a bigger variety of bullets with a given freebore length on your reamer without sticking your long bullet's bearing surface below the neck/shoulder junction. Performance between the two is pretty much identical.

Last edited:
Dasher is slightly more powder versatile

That might matter to you if your not stacked up on the "go to" powders for the BR based cases.

I run a Dasher with 105's at about 2890. When I got into it, I had to fireform Lapua brass. My 2 shooting buddies run BRA's and formed the same brass slightly easier. Not that dasher is difficult to form, just an extra step in false shouldering.

If I had to do it all over again... I'd buy Alpha Dasher brass and run it.

They both accomplish that task.

When I was on the search for efficient 6mm's, I settled on the BRA. Mostly because of the ease of fire-forming.

But they both essentially do the same thing.

Hey guys, been said here a ton before but my experience with both has been as follows..

They will basically shoot the same speed nodes with 105s, both stupid accurate.. BRA does the same with about 1 to 1.5g less powder.

The BRA is easier to fireform.. issue Im having with Lapua brass formed to dasher is regardless of method (jamming, false shoulder) I end up with short cases that dont really grow much afterwards.. loads of space in the chamber for carbon to settle.

Surprisingly the Dasher feeds better in both my Remington 700 and Kelbly actions.

Id happily run either..but the BRA is easier to live with if you are fireforming.

If you are happy running a 105 in the 2850 range dont overlook the BR

Reactions: kthomas