• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 year old daughter at 1012 yards with suppressed Bad News 338lm video.

Mod Adahy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
East Helena, Mt
She fired 30 rounds in total in about 2 hours. These were her last 5 rounds fired, we let the gun and can cool for about 15 or so minutes in between strings. I normally would not let her shoot a big bore gun but she insisted on at least one, so I obliged by holding the bottom of the stock to help absorb some of the recoil but to my surprise, she said she was good to go. I had dialed dope for both elevation and windage, so all she had to do was hold dead on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_x8Me2Ai4

Last edited:
My baby gurl is 5...hmmm im at work cant wait to show her this video..
I almost can hear.."daddy can i try" :)

Love the pink air muffs good shooting well done

Pretty cool shit right there. My granddaughter is 2 1/2 and has shot my Daisy Red Ryder...cant wait to get her, her first gun.

Can't believe no one said it yet.....

"Hey baby, take your finger off the trigger while daddy's in front of the rifle taking a picture of you, please?"

Haha, cute kid man! All smiles!

Took awhile for someone to see it and the cameras were on tripods with remotes. No one in front of the muzzle. She was stooked that she hit 4 of 5 and this is immediately after that string, just after follow through. Notice bolt locked back.

It was deserved. Took a little while to reinforce follow through and the trigger is the last for her to move. I was kinda surprised we did not catch the brass in the air with that shot.

Thanks guys and we are getting ready to lock her in her room until she is 40 Steve.

I think your next investment needs to be a double barreled shotgun named something like "boyfriend picker" or "boyfriend separator". Separates the good from the bad....;) (BTDT...you can't believe how fine that line is to walk:rolleyes:)

On the same note, when does she get her first .223 or 6mm sumthin'?

Last edited:
I think your next investment needs to be a double barreled shotgun named something like "boyfriend picker" or "boyfriend separator". Separates the good from the bad....;) (BTDT...you can't believe how fine that line is to walk:rolleyes:)

On the same note, when does she get her first .223 or 6mm sumthin'?

Here is one of her AR's, this one in 20 pdk. She got this package on her 5th birthday along with 4 other uppers in different calibers. All of them are purple with the SHV scopes and the Rianov ballistic program on top and they all fit in the same case. She has second case that holds nothing but the other uppers and appropriate magazines for them.

This is her at 4 shooting my 6.5-47l.

17hmr suppressed, this rabbit was shot at 25 ish yards kneeling on her own.

And her 6-45 16" suppressed gun, she was 5 in this pic and shot a group around 1.450" @100 yards with 10 shots.

She also has a 5.68 DMR which is a round I came up for the AR platform that shoots a 90 grain SMK at 2900 ish fps. I will find pics of her shooting that in a minute.

Last edited:
This is her 5.68 DMR with 22.5" barrel and suppressor. Hers in purple, ignore the bolt gun on the left.

Your pictures are very inspiring I have a four year old who I desperately want to start shooting. Did you start her with a BB gun? I want to get my son a heavy barrel 10/22 or .17 hmr for Christmas. He has shot my AR and mini 14 but I have to help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of her first gun which is a hand me down from her great grandfather that we integrally suppressed. She got it for her second christmas, she was 23 months old at this point. She is showing another girl how to shoot it that had never shot guns before. Single shot 22lr with purple camo duracoat. We skipped the bb gun phase and went right to the 22s and up.

Here is a pic of her first gun which is a hand me down from her great grandfather that we integrally suppressed. She got it for her second christmas, she was 23 months old at this point. She is showing another girl how to shoot it that had never shot guns before. Single shot 22lr with purple camo duracoat. We skipped the bb gun phase and went right to the 22s and up.

Thank you so much for the response! I think I know what my boy is getting for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure awesomeness Mod Adahy! Not only is she learning young, she is teaching young too. This is probably the most important thing we can do to continue to generate interest in firearms and preserving the second amendment.

The BB gun phase is a hard one to quantify. It does some kids good. Invariably, a lot of kids learn bad habits though. Mostly because, it was a safe thing to do to give some basic safety rules and turn a kid loose with one. Most kids stick with the safety rules, some don't. The biggest problem I see is marksmanship fundamentals.
So, in that light, shooting under controlled circumstances, i.e. a range, why not just go with the .22. No recoil and much more predictable results than with BB's. My dad skipped the BB guns altogether, and at 6 was shooting a .22. My cousins...got BB guns.

Pure awesomeness Mod Adahy! Not only is she learning young, she is teaching young too. This is probably the most important thing we can do to continue to generate interest in firearms and preserving the second amendment.

The BB gun phase is a hard one to quantify. It does some kids good. Invariably, a lot of kids learn bad habits though. Mostly because, it was a safe thing to do to give some basic safety rules and turn a kid loose with one. Most kids stick with the safety rules, some don't. The biggest problem I see is marksmanship fundamentals.
So, in that light, shooting under controlled circumstances, i.e. a range, why not just go with the .22. No recoil and much more predictable results than with BB's. My dad skipped the BB guns altogether, and at 6 was shooting a .22. My cousins...got BB guns.

I agree that all kids are different, we own bb guns but just not enough for me. 22's are way more consistent and accurate without having to pump them up. I do not regret foregoing the bb gun and straight to the 22's. Again, normally I would NEVER let her shoot a big bore but these things are soft and we shot the 17 right after this and no flinch was apparent. That is always my biggest worry, that somehow this was gonna ruin her follow through. So far so good.