• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

60 moa rail

Rum&Powder

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2021
Augusta
I have a Howa 1500. It has a 20 moa rail on it. I would like to replace that with at least a 40 and maybe a 60. Does anyone know where to get one. I have looked extensively and have not been able to find that one even exists. If someone can find one, can you please post the link for it. If it has to be custom made, does anyone know of someone who can make one?

I know that I could get a 20 moa set of rings, but most of the ring sets move the scope forward and that would be way too far forward, even if I set the scope back as far as I could. I would much prefer to just have a rail that had the additional cant.

My goal is to be able to shoot a mile with a 6.5 creedmoor with just turret adjustment without using a prism or a charlie.

To use a 60 Minute rail your scope needs to have 120 Minutes of travel unless you want to be zeroed way high at 100 yards your best bet is to get something besides the Creedmoor if you plan on shooting a mile

Reactions: coldboreAU
I have a Howa 1500. It has a 20 moa rail on it. I would like to replace that with at least a 40 and maybe a 60. Does anyone know where to get one. I have looked extensively and have not been able to find that one even exists. If someone can find one, can you please post the link for it. If it has to be custom made, does anyone know of someone who can make one?

I know that I could get a 20 moa set of rings, but most of the ring sets move the scope forward and that would be way too far forward, even if I set the scope back as far as I could. I would much prefer to just have a rail that had the additional cant.

My goal is to be able to shoot a mile with a 6.5 creedmoor with just turret adjustment without using a prism or a charlie.
EGW offers a 40 MOA but is a 3 week lead time custom order.

There is also a Croatian company called "Rusan" that makes a 40 MOA Howa base.

Reactions: Rum&Powder
Gonna have to get it custom made, MCRS in Canada will do it That Mirage ULR looks promising if you are in the states. I'm all for having all the internal adjustment available.

Reactions: Rum&Powder
To use a 60 Minute rail your scope needs to have 120 Minutes of travel unless you want to be zeroed way high at 100 yards your best bet is to get something besides the Creedmoor if you plan on shooting a mile
I get that the creedmoor is not ideal for that distance, but I would like to make a couple ELR matches before I decide to build something big like a 416. I have 108 moa total in my scope and 44 is available going down.....so it would be close but I could potentially use a 60 moa rail and still be able to zero at 100.

EGW offers a 40 MOA but is a 3 week lead time custom order.

There is also a Croatian company called "Rusan" that makes a 40 MOA Howa base.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

If you install a 60 moa rail on a 108 moa scope you wont be able to zero at 100 yards.
Generally this is correct but if you have it mounted on a 20moa rail and there is 44moa down you should still be able to zero at 100, but something is off somewhere could be the current base, the rings, receiver the scope. Really hard to say

Generally this is correct but if you have it mounted on a 20moa rail and there is 44moa down you should still be able to zero at 100, but something is off somewhere could be the current base, the rings, receiver the scope. Really hard to say
Not sure why it isn't flat in the middle or exactly 20moa down with current rail, but I have never had a rifle where the scope set right in the middle. The 20moa rail came on the gun from the factory, so no idea how truly 20moa it is.....I am going to take it out to 1400yds tomorrow and the solver that zi have says I should only have about 10moa left so definitely wouldn't be able to hit a mile without a new rail, holdovers, or a prism.