• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

60gr SS Ammo

Re: 60gr SS Ammo

It's too long and heavy to be stabilized by a lot of 22's out there.
My 10/22 and Marlin 60 would shoot it ok at 25 and from there out it wobbled.

Any one shooting this in a AR 1x9 barrel. My Ciener Kit with AR 1x9 and Aguila Match Target shoots 1" at 50yds.

There are replacement barrels with a fast twist specifically for these 60gr bullets. I think the twist on those barrels is about 1:9 or 1:10.

In a AR conversion, if the bullets slug up to the larger groove diameter, they would probably shoot quite well with the 1:9 or 1:7 twist barrel. Better than in a standard 22lr 1:16 twist.

I have a green mountain 1 in 9 twist barrel for mine. I had it
done with a special bolt handle for shooting supressed. Just got it back from Tim Humston at SAS. I should have it tested soon.
Don't expect any decent accuracy out of it in anything other
than a 1 in 9 twist barrel. Volquartsen and Green Mountain
make them, I can't think of another.

They require a 1:9 twist to be stable past 100 yards, a 1:10 will get them there at 50y nose on. The standard 1:16 barrels are good for shooting something within 25 yards before it can walk out on you.

The bullets will all "slug up" to a 22 centerfire barrel, they're hollow based and only have to expand 0.001" to make it work.

They work great in a 10/22 with a fast twist and a can on the nose. The action makes more action than anything else.

So far, they shoot as good as any other subsonic I've tried......pmc/cci/rem.
The 60's seem to "hiss" a little more when flying, compared to most 40's. Almost always shot them with an aac can, either out of an AR with ceiner kit or 77/22 ruger.

Accuracy has been acceptable, but nothing to get excited about. I bought a Volquartsen 1/9" twist 10/22 bbl just to try this round. 10 shot 50 yd groups average around 1". May just be my bbl, but it shoots extremely good with most other subsonic rounds and really likes CCI Standard Velocity. Your results may vary.

My m69 romo supposedly has a 1 in 9 twist(from what I've read) but the 60 grainers keyhole on the target for me. Maybe I read wrong about the romanian.

I have gone through 3 bricks of this stuff and enjoy the heck out of it. One of my Single shots will keep it stable to about 75 yes, while a 10/22 conversion I have will run them out to a 100 (It also has a "weak" action and cycles these things as fast as you can feather the trigger).
It is dirty... dirtier than most and will hang up after 100 or so rounds in an auto.

BDA.... It knocks the shit outta stuff when it impacts!

I tried this out of a 10/22 with a Tactical Solutions 1:9 barrel...suppressed. Real dirty and for the $$ spent no real advantage over the 40/38 grain rounds. Drops like a VW.....sold the barrel went back to the 1:16....