• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$60k for a base F150?

What’s the max tow and payload?
Not sure specifics, but the Supercrew weighs 300LBS more than supercab. Supercab has the little suicide doors and 6.5 standard bed, so it is going to have more towing and payload than this truck. Also, if you add the tow package, you get 3.73 gears and external Trans oil cooler and a bump in towing. The one I saw and drove was more of a grocery getter than heavy tow rig. If you want more towing the ecoboost 3.5 or 5.0 V8 but then you are knocking on $50 grand plus..

This is the one for $43k OTD. Sales rep is Ryan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220403-134920_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220403-134920_Drive.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: Average guy
Thought I paid too much for my trucks in 18. Turns out I got a deal with today’s pricing. They will all be paid off in 2 years and the day those titles come in is gonna be a damn good day.

2016 ram 3500 Laramie long bed single wheel. 10k on it paid 51k

Custom order 2018 ram 3500 cab and chassis single wheel, 9’6” flat bed, Fully loaded SLT, 61k OTD.

Just built the same truck on rams website and it would have been 18k more to buy that same truck today.

Reactions: AMGtuned
new ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 for under 50k. no rebates or incentives right now, but it's better to buy new than used. friend of mine has a dealership and I'm about to order a new one.

Thought I paid too much for my trucks in 18. Turns out I got a deal with today’s pricing. They will all be paid off in 2 years and the day those titles come in is gonna be a damn good day.

2016 ram 3500 Laramie long bed single wheel. 10k on it paid 51k

Custom order 2018 ram 3500 cab and chassis single wheel, 9’6” flat bed, Fully loaded SLT, 61k OTD.

Just built the same truck on rams website and it would have been 18k more to buy that same truck today.
in 18, trucks were cheap. plus there were less issues with them back then. now the chip issues are an epidemic. so much new stuff is faulty and glitching. A friend of mine bought an SUV late last year and it's a total lemon, one issue after another with the computer brain.

Agreed, I think in 5-10 years people will look back on the 20'-22' if not longer as the "lemon years" lots of problems with all kinds of things not just vehicles, poor parts quality, poor assembly etc. Even at high levels we see it in the aerospace industry, parts suppliers we've worked with for years and never had an issue with have struggled with quality the last two.

in 18, trucks were cheap. plus there were less issues with them back then. now the chip issues are an epidemic. so much new stuff is faulty and glitching. A friend of mine bought an SUV late last year and it's a total lemon, one issue after another with the computer brain.
Interesting. I haven’t been paying much attention to the quality of the cars being sold rn. Guess with the chip shortages it has really plummeted the quality of them. I’m glad I got my trucks when I did. My 18 I ordered was literally one of the last 4 gens off the assembly line. Dealer had to call in a favor to get it into production since I came in after the cut off. All the bugs were definitely worked out by then.

Wife and I want to trade her 18 4Runner in for a suburban, it’s a little small with 2 car seats. But we are waiting for all this madness to end before we do.

Interesting. I haven’t been paying much attention to the quality of the cars being sold rn. Guess with the chip shortages it has really plummeted the quality of them. I’m glad I got my trucks when I did. My 18 I ordered was literally one of the last 4 gens off the assembly line. Dealer had to call in a favor to get it into production since I came in after the cut off. All the bugs were definitely worked out by then.

Wife and I want to trade her 18 4Runner in for a suburban, it’s a little small with 2 car seats. But we are waiting for all this madness to end before we do.
Get a Toyota minivan. We made the switch couple years ago. We have 3 kids and it just works better.

Get a Toyota minivan. We made the switch couple years ago. We have 3 kids and it just works better.

There are also some "tall wagon" options like the Ford Flex that work really well. But nothing beats the modern minivans for space efficiency.

I still intend to replace my 4x4 E350 with a AWD Transit once this silliness concludes.

Utterly fucking ridiculous. My dad looking around for a new truck. He likes Ford. I’m not a fan but $60k for an F150 is just stupid. Don’t even get me started on the F350 SD I see for well over $100k. I don’t make bad money but I’d never be able to afford that with any justification. I guess we truly are heading to the you’ll own nothing and be happy. I’m curious how people afford this shit. Constant debt I imagine or living well beyond their means. Fuck. I should have kept my F250!

Welcome to the New America where you will own nothing and like it.

Not sure specifics, but the Supercrew weighs 300LBS more than supercab. Supercab has the little suicide doors and 6.5 standard bed, so it is going to have more towing and payload than this truck. Also, if you add the tow package, you get 3.73 gears and external Trans oil cooler and a bump in towing. The one I saw and drove was more of a grocery getter than heavy tow rig. If you want more towing the ecoboost 3.5 or 5.0 V8 but then you are knocking on $50 grand plus..

This is the one for $43k OTD. Sales rep is Ryan.

that's not bad but the v6 is a no go for me

Reactions: SilentStalkr
That’s a hard pass for me. I don’t hate myself

Dude, I get it.

I used to feel the same way. My ex-wife was a California chick, almost worse than a Texan, and she thought she deserved a $70,000 SUV for laying on her back a couple of times a month.

Second wife wanted a minivan and I thought this is the stupidist thing ever. Then I had to drive it with the kids screaming cross country. Changed man. I promise you won't grow a man bun for owning one. May start to look like Clark Griswold.

They are feel bigger inside than a suburban, cheaper, easier to park, cost less to maintain, cost less to fuel, and with the 8 pax model they hold a mountain of junk in the very back. Maybe there are situations where, you want to tow a trailer and a Suburban is better.

We also currently have a Toyota Seqoia and so do my parents (in their 80's). This is smaller than a mini-van.

Dude, I get it.

I used to feel the same way. My ex-wife was a California chick, almost worse than a Texan, and she thought she deserved a $70,000 SUV for laying on her back a couple of times a month.

Second wife wanted a minivan and I thought this is the stupidist thing ever. Then I had to drive it with the kids screaming cross country. Changed man. I promise you won't grow a man bun for owning one. May start to look like Clark Griswold.

They are feel bigger inside than a suburban, cheaper, easier to park, cost less to maintain, cost less to fuel, and with the 8 pax model they hold a mountain of junk in the very back. Maybe there are situations where, you want to tow a trailer and a Suburban is better.

We also currently have a Toyota Seqoia and so do my parents (in their 80's). This is smaller than a mini-van.
Oh I get the pluses of having one. I’ve been in a rental for long road trips. I just can’t get over the amount of soul sucking it takes to have it parked in the driveway or ever driving it. Call it vanity or whatever fine I just can’t get over it 😂

Them new Denalis tho...🍆💦

Dude, I get it.

If you have kids a minivan is the most practical thing you can buy.

SUVs are basically minivans for guys who don't want to drive minivans.

After that it's stationwagon Clark Griswold which sucks.

Oh I get the pluses of having one. I’ve been in a rental for long road trips. I just can’t get over the amount of soul sucking it takes to have it parked in the driveway or ever driving it. Call it vanity or whatever fine I just can’t get over it 😂

Them new Denalis tho...🍆💦
I grew up in Wyoming. Mormons and Hutterites all drive Suburbans. To me they have a soccer mom Mormon or Hutterite vibe to them. The current generation is better, but the previous generation looked like a hurse.

Not that my Toyota Seqoia is cool.

Reactions: BCP
If you only have 2 kids, there is zero need to walk away from a 4 Runner.

We have 4. 3 kids at home and 3 grandsons, and a son in law. So we really need a MB Sprinter 13 pax full size van when everyone is in town. They are also retarded expensive, because all the out of work millenials are buying them to turn into a campervan.

If you only have 2 kids, there is zero need to walk away from a 4 Runner.

We have 4. 3 kids at home and 3 grandsons, and a son in law. So we really need a MB Sprinter 13 pax full size van when everyone is in town. They are also retarded expensive, because all the out of work millenials are buying them to turn into a campervan.
The 4R is mighty small in the back once you put car seats in the backseat.

We get by fine with it but it would definitely be nice to have more space, more space would be a luxury not necessarily a necessity, hence why we haven’t spent the extra $ on it yet especially in this inflated market.

Welcome to the New America where you will own nothing and like it.
I firmly believe the vehicle shortage, fake-demic, Ukraine war and gasoline price hike are by design, to achieve a common goal of crushing economies, especially the American economy. It's what the globalists have been wanting for years. In the next year or two, I would not be surprised to see American automobile manufacturers phasing out gasoline engines, completely. I haven't dug into it, but how exactly are American auto manufacturers surviving at the moment? Hmmm...

The 4R is mighty small in the back once you put car seats in the backseat.

We get by fine with it but it would definitely be nice to have more space, more space would be a luxury not necessarily a necessity, hence why we haven’t spent the extra $ on it yet especially in this inflated market.

My favorite part of the van is the van doors on the side. Your kids as they get older can not slam a door into some one elses body panels.

Makes life a lot easier.

Dude, I get it.

Wait until you unlock the “minivans ride in the carpool lane unquestioned” and the “cops let you speed because they don’t want to deal w the man driving a minivan or they feel bad for you”

I’ll away have one in the stable. Cost of ownership is almost nothing.

Passing through town I saw this 2022 supercrew basic XL with plain V6, $43k out the door in TN including tax and tags. No dealer markup on the base models there. I was so impressed with the dealer, I ordered a similar truck and will fly out in 3 months to pick it up.

$43K for a base truck with a V6? How about $35K tops. No thanks.

Had three (150,250, and 350), but I sold the 2002 250 last year. I bought my 350 in late 2019 right before all the current mess. Same thing will happen just like it did several years ago when fuel prices went nuts, many with trucks will sell them because they can't afford to put gas in them.

Reactions: gigamortis
Here I be LOLing at all yall burning cash on trucks and the fuel it takes to run them while waving by in my 19 Accord that i bought new in 2020 for 24k cash, gets 3x the mileage and keeps accelerating to 130 while your truck is running out of steam at 105. All with ride and handling that matches a BMW 5 series.

Here I be LOLing at all yall burning cash on trucks and the fuel it takes to run them while waving by in my 19 Accord that i bought new in 2020 for 24k cash, gets 3x the mileage and keeps accelerating to 130 while your truck is running out of steam at 105. All with ride and handling that matches a BMW 5 series.
And I LOL at people with an accord that are trying to do 1 ton work out of them. Different tools...

Then again...
FFA38111-CEF7-4750-A078-13EE58E25629.jpeg

With diesel at $6.50 a gallon I'm glad I got rid of my 1995 F350 Powerstroke. I bought a 1999 F250 V10 for $6500 with 104k
on it. Only use it when I need to pick up 12' material. The old Ranger does all the regular work. Getting 14.5 mpg with the V10 and
25 with the Ranger.
That V 10 will run 400,000 miles and never need Injectors or turbo work. One of the best motors ever made just keep clean oil in it.

54798046.jpg

I sold my wife’s TwinTurbo F150 because I have a company truck that is an F150 as well. We bought a used BMW X5, in-line six turbo that gets 27 miles to the gallon if you can keep your foot out of it LOL. It cost half as much as the F150 that we just sold.

The scary part is this is all done by plan. It’s only going to get worse.

And I LOL at people with an accord that are trying to do 1 ton work out of them. Different tools...

Then again...View attachment 7842961
Nobody who owns a real car tries to use them to do truck shit.

But 99% of the people in my neck of the woods use trucks as poser bromobiles.

Even farmers use their new 3/4 tons a go to town vehicles. They have old dump trucks to pull the real heavy shit.

Reactions: BCP and Bender
A lot of Americans seem to think you need a truck to tow a lightweight trailer.
I can safely tow 700lbs of shit. The truck only gets fired up for the big machines or logs for the mill.

I lol Everytime I’m loading my Camry trailer with boards, and I see people trying to fit lumber in their gay ass 5’ truck beds.

It really depends on how you define afford?

But I think you have it, for the 93% of the population of the US, it's constant debt with a plan to work until the day they drop dead.

and the price of used cars right now is making it really hard to save money by buying anything used.

Pickup Truck of the future

View attachment 7835993
Nice looking rig.

Rode the loop yesterday. A nice little ride though the Jackson Parish countryside. In the total ride, there might be one mile total that is level. A better name would be the Jackson Parish Death March. Put a load on that rig and getting past the 9 mile hill would be the death of anyone short of a drug fueled pro cyclist. Forget the rest of the ride

I have a 2012 Chevy 1500 6.2 max tow package truck that I got for like 41k in late 2013 (it sat on a lot for a year). I wanted that b/c it’s sort of like a race truck that can still go off road and haul a ton and pull a boat. 373 gears. 6 speed was it back then (Alison)

It’s only got 73k miles on it.

I went on chevys site and built a decked out 1500 6.2 max tow (can only get 349 gears now with 10 speed)

It came out to 61k if I order. I don’t think dealers are participating in the employee discount anymore (greed)

I built a Ford as similar as I could. lariat. V8. 373 gears. It came out to 62.5k

Of course a Chevy is a way better truck and would be my choice

However, I just can’t make myself order one. I’ll keep what I got. Just needs some new rims/tires. Shocks. Rotors. Other minor new replacements like door handles and front bumper panels. Good radio/speakets with gps screen.

Fuck it, might as well keep it and save my money for the time being.

Plus, I can put a diablew tune on it and cai. I know it will get up 120mph with that minor addition. Yes, I like wasting gas, but not so much these days

Allison trans only came behind the 8.1 gasser and Duramax trucks. You have a 6l80e. May be handy for finding parts.
Change the trans filter and fluid every 50k and it'll last better than an Allison anyways. Don't flush it, just change the 6ish quarts that come out of the pan. Flushes done wrong will flush debris out of the filter and back into the places it will cause damage.

Don't bother with the tune or cold air unless you're doing full heads, cam, and headers with full exhaust. Once you get it breathing better you can actually use more air. The factory air box pulls cold air out of the fender, so nothing to gain until you're maxing the filter flow.

Diablo tune doesn't do anything but mess with shift points. Waste of money. More upgrades and a Dyno tune done locally where someone can actually get you everything that works in your application is money better spent.

It's crazy, but unfortunately like most consumer issues, the consumer is making their own pain. If there's one thing the last two years have taught car manufacturers, it's that they were selling cars TOO cheap. Just look at all the people that are willing to pay $5-10-20-30k over MSRP to get their new toy. Heck it's only been really a year and consumers have already been conditioned to thinking paying full MSRP is a "deal". As a manufacturer when you see your dealers selling your product for 20% over MSRP, that only sends one message (aside the PR BS they put out telling dealers to stop it, but not actually doing anything about it) and that's that they need to increase MSRP because clearly people will happily pay it. GM is no better, lots of lots charing $5-10k over MSRP, most won't honor discounts. You can still find stuff if you really hunt but it's getting harder and harder.

Worse yet, now with shortages, not only are people paying MSRP, but they are ordering vehicles with options they want, but can't get. They are so desperate to get their new toy, they are going to take a vehicle without features they wanted and still pay MSRP or more for it. Funny part is when all these 22's with low trim and missing features show up for trade or selling they are going to take a huge loss.

Evidently the other new game that is starting is that companies will give you a delivery date, but if you buy the highest trim and expensive add-ons etc, you can essentially "buy" a sooner delivery time.

My wife ordered a new traverse for cheaper than the used ones on the same dealers lot. They straight up told us that they would have no issues with MSRP out the door if we would wait, but that they weren't dealing either.

Only thing it will be delivered without is the heated seat controller. Can go get it for free once it comes in, supposedly Q4 22 and we're supposed to see it Q2 22.
She also only ordered an LT, because she only cares about a backup camera, heated seats, and AWD. She looked at an LTZ and didn't know what to think of all the extra crap.

My favorite part of the van is the van doors on the side. Your kids as they get older can not slam a door into some one elses body panels.

Makes life a lot easier.
Yeah, my daughter did this exact thing tonight. Gonna have the lady bring it over on Sat to see if I can fix it. This lady has been through a lot the last year and I want to make it right.
The middle class is gone - thats what this was all about.
Yeah, I believe you are right.

I had a Tundra about 5 years ago then traded it in for a Subaru Ascent to get better gas mileage, since I had a pretty long commute. A few months ago I sold my boat that I towed with my wife's Tahoe to buy a bigger boat, which went past her towing capacity. I had to move back to a truck, which I must have looked for 2 months trying to find one that was not high mileage, beat up and way over priced, I ended up finding a 2019 F150 XLT, V-8 5L, sport package, max tow super crew that had 35k miles. The dealer wanted 41K so I talked him into an even trade for my Subaru, which it was fully loaded. The only catch was the rear bumper end cap and tailgate had a dent so he took off a few grand. I ended up using a paintless dent repair kit to pull the dent and ordered a new end cap from the dealer for $350. That was the best deal I could find, and I got tired of looking. If I did not need the tow capacity I wouldn't have traded,

Boats are the same way right now, I actually got a better deal on a new boat then the same one used, well a better deal in the long run anyway. The loan to value of boats is all backwards now. Most banks want about 10%-15% down pending on your credit but the used ones are so high pried that you would have to put down at least 30%. When you are buying a large offshore boat that is a huge difference.

F250 is AUD250,000 (about USD200,000). With all the herbs and spices. RHD converted.

View attachment 7836024

Saw this used Tacoma at car max last month. 50K plus tax . This was a low milage used truck.

Local Ford dealer was 20k over MSRP on F150's. They only had a couple on the lot.

Chevrolet was the lowest mark up about 2-5k over MSRP on silverado's depending on model.
That’s insane. I bought my new 2020 Tacoma Pro at the end of 2020 for 46k out the door. Last month CarMax offered me 45k for it and a Toyota dealer offered 46k. Blue book is at/just over 50k. Last year they had used 2019 Tacoma Pros going for 65k.

For 54k I can buy a 22 Tundra SR5 off-road premium package from Toyota or for 46k I can buy the 22 Tacoma OR premium.

This shit is getting insane.