• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing 60moa base for Stiller Tac 338?

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
Anyone making a 60moa base for the Stiller Tac 338`s? I talked to Stiller and 40moa is the most they will do.

Re: 60moa base for Stiller Tac 338?

buy the stiller 40 moa and take it to a smith and have it cut to 60 moa. The stiller being a round round action they cut cut it pretty easy, I had mine cut.

Please excuse my ignorance and being off topic but I gotta ask. How far are you shooting that you need a 60?

We are shooting the 338 Lapua`s and 338 Excalibers over 2600yds and it takes alot to get there. I bottom my scope out that way I have all the elevation the scope has. Also we use FFP scopes and I don`t want to turn my scope under 20X. That way I can keep magnification up and have plenty of come ups. With my scope lined up that way, I`ll shoot it at 100yds to get on paper, lets say I`m 5mils high, do the math, that puts me roughly 850yd zero. Then I have all the comeups in the turrett plus reticle if needed. I can`t see shooting the big 338`s less than that anyway, these rifles are for shooting steel targets, not hunting.

Excaliber,

Check out the Gantry Variable mount. I believe you can get as much as 100 MOA out of it, and it will fit on on a Weaver rail.

HTH,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then I have all the comeups in the turrett plus reticle if needed. </div></div>

Ahem. "Elevation"

I really don't want to hear any more about your "comeups" and how/when you use them.

Man that sounds like A LOT of fun. Thanks for letting me side track your thread.

Call Cameron over at Murphy's precision!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ackleyfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Cameron over at Murphy's precision! </div></div>

Absolutely!!!